• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best/Favorite discs from each brand

JeCroisQue

Eagle Member
I started a thread a little bit ago that asked what was the best disc from each brand (or favorite disc from each brand). I tabulated the results and these were them.

Innova
Roc: 11
Teebird: 18
Leopard: 5
TL: 1
Firebird: 4
Rhyno: 1
Eagle: 6
Wraith: 4
Max: 1
Cobra 1
Avair: 6
Beast: 2
Destroyer: 2
Sidewinder:1
Valkyrie: 3
Banshee: 1
Roadrunner:1

Discraft
Buzzz: 37
Avenger: 1
Avenger SS: 3
Drone: 2
Comet: 8
Zone: 3
Predator: 3
Buzzz SS: 1
Magnet: 3
Meteor: 1
Nuke OS: 1
Nuke: 2
cyclone: 1
Force: 1
Stalker: 1

Gateway
Wizard: 34
Magic: 6
Voodoo: 5
Spirit:2
Warlock: 3

Latitude 64
River: 22
Trident: 1
Pain: 2
Flow: 1
Fuse: 9
Striker: 7
Halo: 2
Pure: 1
Bolt: 1
xxx: 2
Havic: 1
Vision: 2

Discmania
PD: 22
MD2: 6
cd: 1
PD2: 3

Millenium
OLF: 11
Omega: 3
LS: 5
JLS: 4
MS: 6
Sentinal: 1

Westside
King: 6
Sword: 10
Boatman: 1
Northman: 1
Swan 2: 1

Legacy
Rampage: 4
Cannon: 3
Clutch: 1

Vibram
Ascent: 6
Summit: 8
Trak: 2
Ridge: 3
VP: 3
Ibex: 1

DGA
Reef: 2
Aftershock: 4
Squall: 9
Tsunami: 4
Gumbputt: 2Hurricane: 1
Rogue: 1
Titanic: 1

MVP
Ion: 33
Anode: 4
Vector: 7
Axis: 1

Lighting
Rubber Putter: 2
1 hyzer: 1
3 Flyer: 1
3 driver: 1
HX2: 1
1Driver: 1
1 Flyer: 1
p-38: 1
Prostyle u-2: 2
2 upshot:1
2Slice: 1

Aerobie
Arrow: 2
Epic: 1
"S" driver: 1

Wham-O
World class frisbee: 1
86 Softie: 1

Discwing
DKG: 1
ABC: 1
Quarter K II: 1

ABC
Secret Weapon: 1
Flying squirrel: 1

Prodiscus
Jokeri: 1

Daredevil
Beaver: 1
Timberwolf: 1

I didn't take into account the different plastics for the discs because I felt like that would have diluted the numbers a little too much.

I guess I was most surprised by the numbers for the Roc. For how much love it gets, the Teebird killled it for Innova. Also, the Buzzz was clearly the best disc in its brand with the closest being the Wizard and the Ion. I would like to know if the Ion would get less votes now that the Anode has become more established since the poll was taken.

Buzzz isn't a surprise. Valk was my pick.. It deserves more love. I picked the Vector for MVP and glad it's the second most popular!! :) Then the Wizard.. Everyone loves that thing.. Now I would've picked..

Innova - Valk (Teebird is close 2nd)
Discraft - Buzzz (still..)
Lat 64 - River (the thing is amazing)
MVP - Anode (much better then the Ion)

Gateway would be next with the Wizard still. Nice thread though. Really enjoyed it.

this question doesn't really equate to most popular disc... all it asked is what is your favorite disc from each brand. so all that shows is that out of Discraft more people think of the Buzzz as their favorite. somebodies favorite disc could be made by innova and they could still answer Buzzz for Discraft.

it's no surprise that no disc came even close to the Buzzz on the Discraft side and that the only other disc to garner enough votes to break 3 was the Comet. it just shows that Discraft has a long way to go when it comes to putters and drivers.

on the other hand innova's votes are spread out because they have a high following in everything from putters to drivers.

Quest - 100 M Lazer!!!!

this question doesn't really equate to most popular disc... all it asked is what is your favorite disc from each brand. so all that shows is that out of Discraft more people think of the Buzzz as their favorite. somebodies favorite disc could be made by innova and they could still answer Buzzz for Discraft.

it's no surprise that no disc came even close to the Buzzz on the Discraft side and that the only other disc to garner enough votes to break 3 was the Comet. it just shows that Discraft has a long way to go when it comes to putters and drivers.

on the other hand innova's votes are spread out because they have a high following in everything from putters to drivers.

This is exactly what I took out of this after I added up the numbers. I felt like the results showed that Innova makes a number of discs that are on fairly equal levels. While, Discraft really just has made one disc that is far and above anything else they have produced. The same for pretty much every other brand.

This is interesting. If you asked the question "Who's your favorite professional sports team" I'd expect to see the most returns on Football teams (innova), and a lot of Yankees but not much else baseball (discraft). Then less of a return all around for Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, etc (Latitude, Gateway, Millennium, etc)

I'd like to see this done now with the discs that have since come out and Dynamic added. Also with overall favorite discs not just favorite for each brand. Might be a newer or current thread out there for it but I didn't see one when I searched. It would also be nice to have a vote for favorite discs for different skill levels like beginner, intermediate and advanced.

Latitude took 64 votes, weird, I've ever thrown it.

I'm surprised that the comet didn't get more votes for Discraft, and the Volt for MVP.

Latest posts