• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best forehand distance driver?

Z Force, and an 11x Firebird. the Force is faster then the Firebird, but sometimes I need a more stable and slower which is when I use the 11x FB. the new 12x fb's are way over stable.

My best flicks were with a champ destroyer and a Z talon. I could use the talon for thumbers too but the destroyer wasnt as good. I would say you dont need crazy overstable to do good flicks with, wraiths work well for distance shots as well for me.

Starfire is money.
Surge is awesome.
Archon can really get out there too.

Valk can be flicked with a hyzer release. But takes practice.

Fairway= champ tbird. I use these for PINPOINT placement.

destroyer in most conditions. if it's a strong headwind, maybe an xcaliber.

but...trying to work on my understable flick for distance a bit more. the katana when thrown correctly can really fly. just have to trust the hyzer release. i used to throw a flick for distance when it was all i had (beasts at the time), and was comfortable with more flippy discs and my ability to control them with power. it will teach you a lesson on how to get that extra distance out of a flick.

Im not the most experienced here obviously but i have been throwing my Champion boss excellent lately. i release with a little hyzer and a lot of snap and it is consistently 10-15 feet further than my star destroyer out in the baseball field. I went over the 350 foot fence 3 times today into a tree probably would of gone maybe 380 and i can just hit that fence with my destroyer on my best throws. I find that the destroyer flips over on me unless i back off the snap a little. I would say based on my limited experience if you can accurately put 100 percent on it without OAT then throw the boss.

Hyzer flip-up bombs I use a star sidewinder.. straight beasting use a beat up champ wraith and brand new star wraith.. straight hyzer flick bombs ive got firebirds (champ edition, star and champ).. its crazy how most days I can chuck the side winder just as far as the others and its waaay less fast, i need to find something in between:confused:

My primary forehand distance driver is a Nuke. However, I tend to get the best distance with a Champ Katana. But the Katana is a little harder to control, and thus is less consistent.

The straightest thing for me is the Archon. I keep a Destroyer in the bag for shots I really need to fade, I have a difficult time getting the Archon to fade hard. I get more distance on the Archon than the Destroyer. The Rampage works pretty well, but really fades like a mother. I miss the line with the Rampage a lot, but when I hit it it's awesome. Most folks I now use a Boss and have a lot of success, it's never really worked for me, outside of a 139 Blizzard Boss. If I hyzer the hell out of it she'll outdrive everything else I can do, but she takes a really wild line and really gets bad in the wind.

Nuke OS so consistent. Cant flip it always ends right and its great into a head wind. It may not be my furthest one but the fact that i know exactly whats its going to do is a huge plus.

I can put a firebird about 360'-370', never really tried the faster stuff though.
Most people I know use a destroyer, but most don't have big D fh either.

some popular stable-overstable options:

PD, Firebird, Predator, XXX, plenty of these on the market but I would recommend trying a C-PD

faster: Max, Monster, Force, Destroyer...tons of these on the market

I personally can get close to 450 out of both a TeeRex and a Halo. The Halo does fly it bit further. I can get a lot of power and torque into my forehand though. I've only been playing serious for about a year now and from the people I've talked to that have been playing the game for a while they all say thats a very rare occasion that I can get that much on my FH. Now if I could only get my backhand to throw that well :(

Pro or Star Destroyer for max distance

Also Star boss and Z Nuke are good contenders

Directly below Destroyer is Surge and Wraith