• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best FW tree protection for DG courses?

harr0140 is in the landscaping business, and very interested in making course design environmentally sound. You might track him down and ask his opinion.

2nd this emotion. Might be worth sending him a visitor message or PM. :)

^^This mesh looks as if it's designed for drinking glass drying/storage for restaurants, no? Jenga, have you used this as tree protection before?
Looks great if it works…seems to fit all my needs; (1)impact protection (2)abrasion resistance (3)plenty of holes for ventilation and bird de-bugging (4)easy zip-tie adjustment (5)inexpensive
I like it if it works and it lasts.

I think it is - it's a bit stretchy/rubbery which gives it some resilience and shock absorbency and stands up to high speed driver blasts. Going on 2 years strong - after a few years we may need to replace anyway due to tree growth, but well worth it. This stuff has just a bit of thickness and rubberiness to it, and smaller mesh, which is why I think it works much better than thinner "plastic fence" from the hardware stores.

Mine is in the woods so there is not a lot of direct sunlight (and I'm in Minnesota) but even if it needs to be replaced in a few more years that would allow for tree growth anyway.

I think it is - it's a bit stretchy/rubbery which gives it some resilience and shock absorbency and stands up to high speed driver blasts. Going on 2 years strong - after a few years we may need to replace anyway due to tree growth, but well worth it. This stuff has just a bit of thickness and rubberiness to it, and smaller mesh, which is why I think it works much better than thinner "plastic fence" from the hardware stores.

Mine is in the woods so there is not a lot of direct sunlight (and I'm in Minnesota) but even if it needs to be replaced in a few more years that would allow for tree growth anyway.

I'm really interested in this material, thanks for sharing! Could you take some pictures? Are you using the brown or the clear?

Awesome! Yeah, I would imagine you would need to replace or at the very least, adjust them every couple years to allow for proper growth. Thank you!

Latest posts