• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Best gateway approach putter!

The Magic is its own unique mold. It isn't a stepchild of any other Gateway putter.

My favorite Gateway approach disc is an Evolution HPP Wizard. When I need a predictable hyzer line, this disc is crazy accurate. I use it from 150' - 250' with major confidence. On holes where it helps out, I always aim for a nice hyzer line approach...

^^^^THIS. End of story

Wow... That makes so much sense lol now I feel kinda dumb going with the lower weight for putting but I like more glide and not have to put sme ummphh in it just to hit the chains from 70ft cause I don't like jump putts that's why I started to stick with 50ft in for the chains but 175 for drives?? Hmmmm would 173 have more glide? Cause I put with 170 I think lol but I like the idea of 175 but I don't wanna loose any glide....
I'm a big fan of lighter putters (165-168) for putting. I haven't found that they do any worse in the wind, especially if you have a stable mold like the Wizard, and you do get a few extra feet out of the same motion. I found that heavier are better for drives, though.

The SS Organic Wizards and an HPP Evo used to be my fav combo. I personally use Pures now (Opto for approaches; EZE/Zeros for putting), but a good buddy of mine certainly has success with this lineup (and makes me want to switch back sometimes)

Also, I saw earlier in this thread about the Evolution Proline. I think it's a different blend of plastic than the Evo HPP. HPPs are more of a gummy semitransparent/translucent blend wile the Evo Proline was closer to a Star blend, IIRC

picture.php

I recently found this disc at a local course, the owner wrote call your momma if found on the back..lol

picture.php

The orginal owner was Clint, but now me! It's a 168 firm wizard

Last edited:

Latest posts