• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best High Quaility Small Bag

maansmit

Double Eagle Member
I am looking to replace my failing Fade Lite bag with another small bag in th 8-12 disc range. I think I have narrowed things down to the Revolution Mini, Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey, and Voodoo Juju. I can't see any of these in person and wanted to get some thoughts/opinions (especially from current or previous owners of any of these) on these bags before I spend the cash to buy one. Any information would be appreciated as to the quaility of construction, functionality, storage space, value, etc. Thanks.

well the spider monkey is probably the best value at its price and gb is a solid manufacturer too. many people will tell you that on this site. Personally from what ive heard gb is top notch therefore i would go with the spider monkey. if alotta people have borilla boy bags where u play and u want to go against the grain try the voodoo juju its essentially the same but it will probably cost a bit extra compared to the spider monkey.

In that size I really like my Innova Standard, but everyone carries one at my course. Well put together, ok colours, good space, etc.
I don't know about those other ones you've listed, I've never actually seen them in person.

I would recommend GB but the wait time on them is terrible right now. Great product, worth every penny, but at this point you are looking at 6-8 weeks to get one. I would go with the Revo Mini or Fade Crunch.

I would recommend GB but the wait time on them is terrible right now. Great product, worth every penny, but at this point you are looking at 6-8 weeks to get one. I would go with the Revo Mini or Fade Crunch.

Unfortunately, maybe even longer than 6-8 weeks. I'm starting week 5 waiting for my Simian now and he still has atleast 10 bags before mine. I think the latest orders are in the 970s now

hunt down trotter on here, his DGclub is sponsored by GB and he has a few bags in stock so you dont have to wait. you pay and its headed to you

I just ordered a GB Squirrel Monkey last week I was order 964 and he said I had 6 week wait. You have great choices. If you want to wait go GB if you don't go Revo! I have a revo carolina and it is great. Either bag will be a great bag.

I had a revo dlx mini. It's a quality bag. My only complaints are the putter pockets on each side are a little too snug and the insulated drink holders tend to let beverages less than 32oz fall through the bottom. Oh and the padded strap that comes with them slips off your shoulder constantly. I fixed this by putting a carolina strap on it. It has a grippy side to the padding. If I were to get another small bag I'd go with a gorilla boy because they make one with 2 drink holders also.

I've owned a bag from each of those companies. If you carry "10 to 12" I would bump up to the Carolina bag from Revo. Any more discs for that bag and it becomes tight. Out of all the bags you mentioned. Revo is the best in quality, but so so in design. I've never been a big fan of GB bags, due to the poor fit and finish, but still they are well made.
I have a Voodoo Karma bag at this time and it's pretty close if not the same in quality of a Revo bag, but without the design issues. The Voodoo bag is by far my favorite bag that I've owned (sorry Lat 64!). It's a very solid bag!

I just got my Voodoo Mojo in 3 days ago and have played a few rounds with it. The quality is top notch, I carry 14 discs very comfortably. I have no doubt the juju is made to the same quality. The gorilla boy is a great bag, and I'm not really a fan of the carolina due to the design issues(never actually owned one). I know you can't go wrong with the voodoo and you'll probably be the only guy at the course with one for now. My bag was delivered from san diego to houston 5 days after I ordered it. Incredible customer service from voodoo bags!

If I was getting that size bag for a main bag which I would not intended to upgrade, I'd get a Spider Monkey... that thing looks great.
Just over a year ago I acquired my Fade Crunchbox in a trade for just a disc though - I love it and its held up great (I plasti-dipped first thing though, and my courses are not rocky 90% of the time).
I still prefer Crunchbox design over Spider Monkey, but I won't deny the latter is better quality for a comparable price.
Voodoos look awesome too from what I've seen.

Spike Hyzer just came out with their F-Lite bag. It looks to be as indestructable as my full size competition bag. Amazing service from them too. I bit pricey, but it looks really sharp and durable.

Spike Hyzer just came out with their F-Lite bag. It looks to be as indestructable as my full size competition bag. Amazing service from them too. I bit pricey, but it looks really sharp and durable.

Any one got pictures of the F-Lite?

Fade Crunch Box. End Thread.

Best small bag on the market bar none. Big pockets, tough fabric and could easily hold up to 12-15 discs. Plus Fade customer support is :thumbsup:

Fade Crunch Box. End Thread.

Best small bag on the market bar none. Big pockets, tough fabric and could easily hold up to 12-15 discs. Plus Fade customer support is :thumbsup:

Meh. It's an ok cheap bag and a good value for a new player, but far from the best small bag on the market. Depends on what you want to pay. If you want it to last more than a couple of seasons, you'll have to pay a bit more.

Carry on with thread.

Latest posts