• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey compared with VooDoo Juju (smal bags)

MarkDSM

Double Eagle Member
b97tdv.jpg
207973s.jpg
28ajhhi.jpg
2z7h10w.jpg
2572elz.jpg

Quick comparison and thoughts on two 'nicer' small bags.

VooDoo Juju http://www.voodoodiscgolf.com/black-market/product/34-juju
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey http://www.gorilla-boy.com/Spider_Monkey/p1894890_9770521.aspx

Capacity: 2 putters, 3 mids, and 5 drivers comfortable for both with stiffeners in.
Material: cordova both
Putter pocket: 2 on Juju with adjustment cord for tightening, 1 on Spider
Strapping: Both rigged for quads or single strap, both padded matching color, Juju uses fabric connectors of top and Spider has top D rings and a wider strap
Bev holder: Juju very large, light insulated, and deep with drains. Spider large size, heavy insulated, and no drain
Side pocket: Juju large with interior padded pocket. Spider medium with no interior pocket
Side stuff pocket (towel, seeds): Juju solid. Spider mesh
Interior structure: Juju 4 piece velcro walls. Spider pvc tube and 2 pvc walls
Cover flaps: Both zip well and velcro over putter pocket. Juju rooles up. Spider tucks in to back.
Bottoms: Both extra layer on main. Juju on side pocket and bev too
Padding on back: Juju lightly padded. Spider no padding

Juju is taller by a couple inches and slightly wider and deeper. Carries a little bulkier.
Juju side pocket very nice with interior pockets. Spider pocket inside has strap inside that can be sewn onto easy. I added a loop to attach a clip for keys.
Reasonable 12oz can capacity with full disc load: Juju 5 (2 vertical stacked in large holder) Spider 4
Juju weights a little more.

I carry the Spider Monkey. I think I like it better for its compactness. Picked up the Jujus on cyber Monday with one for a friend and one to keep. I also have Gorilla Boy Chimp as my bigger bag and a VooDoo Karma currently used as a disc storage bag.

Last edited:
The age old debate over the best smaller bag. Thanks for the review and pictures!