• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ new bag designs: AX4, BX2, CS2

Question on the CS2 side pockets.
Are both pockets one large opening or do they have a designated bottle holder with separate area for storage?
It's hard to tell on the video.
I'm trying to understand if the pocket is both beverage and misc. storage at the same time or you have to choose which item to use it for.

Are both pockets one large opening or do they have a designated bottle holder with separate area for storage?
I'm trying to understand if the pocket is both beverage and misc. storage at the same time or you have to choose which item to use it for.

Looks to me like its one big opening. In the video I watched the guy jams a towel in and then puts a water bottle in after the towel. So it there may be enough room for some stuff next to the water bottle depending on the size of the bottle but its probably all jammed next to each other.

start at 1:19: https://youtu.be/EObMfcRLIQI?t=79

Yeah it's a single pocket. They're huge when you have them unzipped all the way. My problem with them is more that it doesn't hold the skinny thermos I usually use doesn't hold tight and slips out if I bend down.

Yeah it's a single pocket. They're huge when you have them unzipped all the way. My problem with them is more that it doesn't hold the skinny thermos I usually use doesn't hold tight and slips out if I bend down.

Sounds like the bag needs a design change, adding soft stroller bottle holders on to the backpack.

So Grip is "giving away" 1400 bags at Ledgestone. . .

Wonder how many bags Grips sells in a year. . .they have to sell quite alot to be able to give 1400 bags away

Some of that players pack money surely went towards paying Grip?

I played Ledgestone and received one of the BX2's in my players pack. There are some differences compared to the BX2 I ordered and received at the end of November 2019.
- The cinch strap for the putter pocket has changed. Now you can cinch it nearly all the way to the top of the bag which lets you have the putters sticking further out of the bag than before should you desire.
- The bottom of the main disc compartment now has a velcro flap of fabric over the plastic bottom. The old design the discs rested directly on the plastic.
- The side pocket shape has changed slightly to accommodate the change to the water bottle pockets (see next change below) they seem slightly smaller now, but that could just be that they're not as broken in/stretched out as the pockets on my old bag.
- The drink pockets are much taller now. the previous design pocket went a little more than halfway up my 32oz Nalgene bottle, the new pockets go right up to the top. Since the pockets are insulated I'm hoping this helps keep drinks cold longer so that's a welcome change.

The other changes seem neither good/bad just differences I noticed. Ledgestone mentioned something about new EVA padding in the straps/back however those feel the same to me. The Ledgestone bag does seem a touch lighter weight than my old BX2 however I sold that bag before actually playing with the Ledgestone BX2 so I can't verify that.

Some of that players pack money surely went towards paying Grip?

I played Ledgestone and received one of the BX2's in my players pack. There are some differences compared to the BX2 I ordered and received at the end of November 2019.
- The cinch strap for the putter pocket has changed. Now you can cinch it nearly all the way to the top of the bag which lets you have the putters sticking further out of the bag than before should you desire.
- The bottom of the main disc compartment now has a velcro flap of fabric over the plastic bottom. The old design the discs rested directly on the plastic.
- The side pocket shape has changed slightly to accommodate the change to the water bottle pockets (see next change below) they seem slightly smaller now, but that could just be that they're not as broken in/stretched out as the pockets on my old bag.
- The drink pockets are much taller now. the previous design pocket went a little more than halfway up my 32oz Nalgene bottle, the new pockets go right up to the top. Since the pockets are insulated I'm hoping this helps keep drinks cold longer so that's a welcome change.

The other changes seem neither good/bad just differences I noticed. Ledgestone mentioned something about new EVA padding in the straps/back however those feel the same to me. The Ledgestone bag does seem a touch lighter weight than my old BX2 however I sold that bag before actually playing with the Ledgestone BX2 so I can't verify that.

That's pretty interesting, and the first I'm hearing of any differences beyond the navy color and the patches.

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind posting a couple of pics illustrating these changes, especially the drink holder? Thanks! Looking forward to getting mine in the mail.

That's pretty interesting, and the first I'm hearing of any differences beyond the navy color and the patches.

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind posting a couple of pics illustrating these changes, especially the drink holder? Thanks! Looking forward to getting mine in the mail.

Unfortunately I already sold my previous BX2 so I can't provide any side by side shots, but I'll take photos of my legestone bag to show the current setup, perhaps someone else will be able to provide pics from their BX2 for contrast.

Unfortunately I already sold my previous BX2 so I can't provide any side by side shots, but I'll take photos of my legestone bag to show the current setup, perhaps someone else will be able to provide pics from their BX2 for contrast.

If it's not too much trouble, even just that would be great. Thank you!

Just got my Ledgestone BX2 yesterday and I'm in awe of the quality of this thing. Granted I'm coming from a beaten Trooper so it was always going to be a huge step up. It has passed the major 3 tests I had for it: being able to fit 18 discs in the main storage (pretty tight but possible with 13 drivers and 5 mids, may drop back to 17), being able to fit 4 putters up top (seems a little tight but is easy overall), and being able to fit a hoodie in the expanded side pocket (really important to me and it passed with flying colors). The non-disc storage is awesome, and I love how stable it is just standing there. It's also surprisingly comfortable even fully loaded with 80oz of water.

The one thing I can't figure out is the velcro for the main storage compartment. The velcro "lock" to keep the flap open and in place seems really awkward to reach, as you have to push the flap past the lower part of the valuables pocket, then past the lower part of the putter pocket (I'm holding 4 putters remember) and then all the way back to the velcro. It seems really awkward to reach when the bag is fully loaded, and if you don't push the flap all the way back it can make disc egress difficult from the main pocket. Am I just overthinking this or has anyone else found this to be an awkward design?

If it's not too much trouble, even just that would be great. Thank you!

Sorry it took so long to get these! Finally got to use the bag for the first time last night.
Drink holder with a 32oz bottle (that's a bit taller than my nalgene)
image0%2B%25286%2529.jpeg

Bottom of the new ledgestone bag plastic underneath the fabric:
image1%2B%25288%2529.jpeg

Bottom of the old BX2 from the new owner, plastic with nothing over it:
image2%2B%25282%2529.jpeg

The one thing I can't figure out is the velcro for the main storage compartment. The velcro "lock" to keep the flap open and in place seems really awkward to reach, as you have to push the flap past the lower part of the valuables pocket, then past the lower part of the putter pocket (I'm holding 4 putters remember) and then all the way back to the velcro. It seems really awkward to reach when the bag is fully loaded, and if you don't push the flap all the way back it can make disc egress difficult from the main pocket. Am I just overthinking this or has anyone else found this to be an awkward design?

Most people never move that once its been velcro'd in place, so I don't think its really designed to be easy to get to when the bag is full.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry it took so long to get these! Finally got to use the bag for the first time last night.
Drink holder with a 32oz bottle (that's a bit taller than my nalgene)
image0%2B%25286%2529.jpeg

Bottom of the new ledgestone bag plastic underneath the fabric:
image1%2B%25288%2529.jpeg

Bottom of the old BX2 from the new owner, plastic with nothing over it:
image2%2B%25282%2529.jpeg

Great pictures, thank you! I have since received my Ledgestone bag and seen the differences in person, but this is a great demonstration of the differences.

Most people never move that once its been velcro'd in place, so I don't think its really designed to be easy to get to when the bag is full.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I understand that a lot of people use their bag that way. But I think a lot of people (like myself) also prefer to seal up their bag after every round, so it seemed like an odd design choice. Even the $30 Trooper knockoff I had before makes this easier.

Regardless, I've found that I can just stuff it back there when the compartment is full. It's not the most dignified motion ever, but it works.

Here is my rundown video on the

I got this bag at the beginning of the Season "used", but new with tags for $100. I really wanted the older CS style bag for all the reasons you mentioned.

Couple things from your video and how I use mine. In the back rear pocket I put my wallet and phone and place them as flat as possible. That seems to be the thickest of stuff I can put back there without it protruding too much.

I had to bend my sides outward because of the hourglass shape too. Playing with it in the rain kinda automatically did that for me.

I also leave the main flap for the disc compartment flapping out front. I tend to notice when I try to tuck it inside and attach it to the velcro things get a little tight in that area for my liking. When I put my discs back in I always put them in on the far right side of the bag (left handed) so for you righties it would be the left side of the bag. This keeps them all straight/upright.

3 putters in the top for me and 11 in the main. Lots of putters n mids.

Not the best bag, not the worst. I paid $100, but prolly wouldn't pay $180. There's not a lot of smaller bags (for smaller people) on the market so ya get what ya get.

I got this bag at the beginning of the Season "used", but new with tags for $100. I really wanted the older CS style bag for all the reasons you mentioned.

Couple things from your video and how I use mine. In the back rear pocket I put my wallet and phone and place them as flat as possible. That seems to be the thickest of stuff I can put back there without it protruding too much.

I had to bend my sides outward because of the hourglass shape too. Playing with it in the rain kinda automatically did that for me.

I also leave the main flap for the disc compartment flapping out front. I tend to notice when I try to tuck it inside and attach it to the velcro things get a little tight in that area for my liking. When I put my discs back in I always put them in on the far right side of the bag (left handed) so for you righties it would be the left side of the bag. This keeps them all straight/upright.

3 putters in the top for me and 11 in the main. Lots of putters n mids.

Not the best bag, not the worst. I paid $100, but prolly wouldn't pay $180. There's not a lot of smaller bags (for smaller people) on the market so ya get what ya get.

Did the bending of the sides gain you any more disc capacity or at least some ease of access? Got one in the mail and I don't want to go in and mess with it since I'm considering sending it back...?

How many discs are you trying to fit? If the answer is more than 15 of any type of disc I would suggest another bag. The bag is not horrible, awful or anything like that. It has a couple quarks, but all bags do (even the $400 ones). Give it a try. Load it up with what you normally would and then anticipate holding an extra disc or two after it breaks in. If you don't need a "small" bag, there are plenty of other options in this price range. However, if you do need a "physically" smaller backpack style bag, there aren't many like the C Series on the market.

For the record I carry about 7 putters, 4 mids and 4 drivers. If you carry more drivers you'll fit more discs.

I bypass all that by using the upper storage pocket as a second putter pocket. I have 2 each putters, mids, and drivers up top and the bottom just has a couple backups and utility discs and storage for hoodie/raincoat/gloves/etc. As said above if you want to use a gazillion discs a round you'll want something bigger but if you're a bit more minimalist it works great.

Last edited:

Latest posts