• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Holes, Period

adlacro

Cubic Zirconium Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I have a list of best holes I have ever played, period. I like to limit them to one a course, and here are just a few from the 20 courses I've played:

Hole 4, Brandywine
Hole 10, Jordan Creek
Hole 6, Lehigh Parkway
Hole 18, Tinicum
(Currently 6), Nockamixon
Hole 5, "c" position, Tyler State
Hole 12, Anson Nixon Park

Add your own and create something sort of "Best in the U.S!"

Andrew:D

#27 DeLaveaga ("top o' the World" there are so many killer holes here, this is the standout killer hole)
#5 Warwick blues (cliff top pin)
#3 Jefferson Barracks (with pin atop hill, visible through opening from tee)
#8 Toronto Island (long position - 300 foot rhbh anhyzer, followed by 400 foot tunnel shot)

#7 at Ellison Park
#5 at Warwick (for the same reason as Raoul)
#1 at Prompton (Pin on small peninsula)
#5 Red at Codorus (great view throwing straight down to the lake)

There are probably some I'm missing but these are the ones that came to mind this morning.

Also, this hole at Aspen Mountain. I'm not sure what the hole # is, someone posted it over on discgolfreview but it looks amazing.

Attachments

• 15_d196de96_l.jpg
    15_d196de96_l.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 88
Hole 6 at The Whippin' Post, Paw Paw: 874 foot par 4 over a wide rolling fairway with forest on the right. Hole 13 on the Woodshed is a beauty too, 556 foot par 4 that takes off across the field, then over the dropoff down to the treeline, and back up a hill to the basket. (There's actually 4 or 5 of my new favorite holes there, but I really enjoyed these two. I didn't enjoy The Gauntlet so much as survived it, most grateful 5 I've ever gotten.)

Hole 27 at DeLaveaga is definitely one of the most picturesque, giving you a view out over Santa Cruz all the way to the ocean, and pretty fun to throw way out into space. But I think I like Hole 17 there better, the fairway makes a big arc to the right on a hillside that slopes down left to right, with the tree canopy coming from the trees on the right, and a whole bunch of trees down the slope to the left. I don't know why that one's my favorite (actually, hole 8a's where I got my only ace to date), but there's something about the shape of it that just gets me. Hole 13 there's pretty awesome too. Hell, that whole course is a delight.

Codorus State Park in Hanover, PA has several that would be signature holes anywhere else. I'll have to play it again to find the ones that give the extra thrill, hard to sort through all 54 of 'em after only 1 weekend.

Coyote Pointe DGC at Lake Casitas's most scenic hole is definitely 16, it's own "Top of the World" shot that goes 520ish feet out, but a couple hundred down, and provides an impressive view of the lake. But it's hole 15 there (in the long position, under the enormous oak on the hill) that I always get psyched up for.

I've only played Brandywine once, so my opinion might change on this one, but I really enjoyed hole 3. Hole 4 is "The Beauty", a big downhill shot over a creek to the basket, but hole 3's topography is really interesting, with the fairway dipping and coming back up, and the basket on the high side fo a 5 footish stone wall that runs along the road. Great hole.

Oo! Almost forgot, I played a Cain Creek Park in Cookeville, TN on my way across the country, and there were several really nice holes around the lake there. One in particular was nice and long, rollin' over the fairway, with a humungous tree in the middle of the fairway towards the end. Just beautiful. There's another great one there that goes over a bit of the lake shoreline to a peninsula, with woods guarding the back. Good "Tin Cup" hole.

Description of favorites

These are descriptions of my favorite holes:

Brandywine, 4: A 400 plus foot downhill with brush lining both sides of the fairway and one of just two holes with water interference. Pin is usually across the creek, and a birdie 3 is an outstanding score.

Jordan Creek, 10: Locally known as "Cardiac Arrest Hill", this hole from the long pin is over 400 feet and climbs a 45 foot hill. Conservative shots can net birdie, but a bad shot can easily card you a seven or eight.

Lehigh Parkway, 6: This hole starts out over by 5's pin and then makes a sharp left, then over the creek and past both the bushes and pine trees before the hole on top of the hill.

Nockamixon, (currently 6): This hole starts by the bathrooms, goes down 300 feet, then a left turn will take you almost 500 more feet! One of the longest ever played.

Tinicum, 18: This hole is 800 feet long and wide open, but the basket is protected and the creek lurks by.

Tyler State, 5th: This hole, when in the C position, stretches out for 750 feet and goes towards the right.

Anson Nixon, 12: A pro par 4 that borders a high hill on the right and US 1, a very busy expressway, on the left. Over 400 feet and hard to get to.

I gotta add hole #14 at Warwick - from the longs you have options at the silver pin and a downhill shot through a tight window towards the blue island green. Crappy phone pic shows blue (long) pin with approach gap in background.

boog0035pa9xj6.jpg

best holes

My best would be:
#10 (Current) at Nockimixon. Par 3. Throw from an elevated tee down over and along a stream to a tight basket.
#14 at Warwick. Par 4. Simply awesome. It's a good drive downhill to a tight opening in the woods and then approach to an island green surrounded by a running stream.
#5 at Warwick. Par 4. One of the best greens in disc golf. Pin perched upon a 10 foot cliff.
#12 (Current) at Nockimixon. Pro par 3. Am par 4. Throw down a power line over a stream about 300 ft then another throw to another protected green with a stream on the backside. Very scenic hole.
#5 C at Tyler state park. Par 5. 799 ft long and very tight. It is demanding from the start to finish. Fours are possible but extremely rare and five is considered a victory.
# 6 C at Tyler state park. par 4 and a very tough 3. Dangerous drop off to the right down to the river and trees everywhere lining the tight fairway. 280 ft drive to landing then through a very tight gap over a drop and back up to the guarded green. The closer you get to the pin the more dangerous hazards become.
#18 Jordan Creek. Very cool hole. Par 4 Shoot down anhyzer through a relatively tight gap over Jordan creek, then a significantly long approach over Jordan creek again to a protected basket.
#6 at Little Lehigh Parkway. Pro par 3 Am par 4. Drive over OB field to a clearing then a 90 degree turn across the river and up a hill over and through nasty shule to the pin.

There are more but I may add them later. I still haven't been able to play Maple Hill, Brandywine, Renny, Winthrop, PawPaw, or idlewild. Although I will be playing Idlewild soon enough. I heard the view from the top of Campgaw in NJ is awesome but its such a hike to get up there I haven't been able to play it.

Hole 7 at Ellison is a great one. IUP College Lodge had a few holes that reminded me of #7 but the hills were even bigger. Definitely a lot of fun :)

Hole 17- Madison Meadows (Lombard, IL)
Hole 15- Jericho Lake (Aurora, IL)
Hole 8- Madison Meadows (Lombard, IL)
Hole 3- Central Park (Oak Brook, IL)

Great Holes

My all time favorite hole is currently Hole 4 at Triplett in Savannah GA. 760 ft long, par 5. [FONT=&quot]Blue layout. Lake all on the left side. The slope of the shoreline also goes toward the water. It's tough but awe inspiring.

If I could attach a Word doc I'd add about 25 or so more, mostly ones that others have recommended around the U.S. But this won't allow Word attachments, so I can't :(

You can find them in my file "U.S. Course Guide" at my google group "DG Course Reviews" (catchy name, huh? Hey, I had it first!) http://groups.google.com/group/DG-Course-Reviews

Lowe
[/FONT]

There are lots of great holes here, but #15 @ Pier Park in North Portland, Oregon is...well you be the judge
hole-15-tee.jpg

The pads have all been re-done in concrete. The red pin distance is 360', the blue 462'

Hole #1 Maple Hill
Hole #9 Black Falls
Hole #7 Ellison Park
Hole#4 First Trax

I'll add hole #15 at Deer Lakes to the list. Long down hill shot with a lilly pad filled pond at the base of the hill and the pin sits on the other side of the pond. There's no room to really lay up on that hole.. you just have to go for it.

I Love the #7 whole at ellison park. You can really let it fly and to see it go is pretty amazing. Also the 18th at Bakers farm is cool especially when they used to hang the flags up on the green. Made you feel like you were an important person(classy)lol.:D

why limit to the u.s.?

i just opened a course here on the island of koh samui thailand. i think we have a few pretty nice holes here as well. you can see some pics of our opening day 2 weeks ago at http://tenstars.com/discgolf and our website is being updated this weekend with more high res pics of the entire golf course.

i would attach them here but they are still very high res 3 and 4 mb per photo. just added the course to this database last night.

Khao Pra (Monk Mountain) Disc Golf