• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best non disc players pack items?

andrewdouse

I'm involved in running a tournament, but we only got the go ahead a few days ago and its on 31st October.... We've hit a wall with getting discs for the players packs due to the short timeframe (and being in the UK)

Any suggestions for great players pack swag? that is easy and quick to source.

We have hand gel on carabiners and T-Shirts in the works, but the lack of discs is leaving a hole.

Any help appreciated :)

Cheers

Yeah, in today's world, a cool mask or neck gator is a good idea. I would always take a pair of decent socks. There are several disc golf knee pads on the market. I always thought these would be a cool idea. Club logo pint glass and gift certificate.

Socks are cool idea. If I get cool socks I give them to the kids. They love that stuff. Making them happy makes me happy.

Socks are cool idea. If I get cool socks I give them to the kids. They love that stuff. Making them happy makes me happy.

Really good socks are probably too expensive for player pack items, plus the percieved value to most players would not match the cost. But, even a pair of cool decent socks would be a nice change, huh? I also would be likely to give them to Mrs. ru4por.

I love snacks so much. Terry towels with no disc manufacturer's branding on them are also great.

A Mini would be cool, lots of the one disc or two disc driver 8-9 speed and putter players do not have a mini who enter in at the rec level or the lowest level and they try to use a non marking item like the other disc or a bottle they have with them. I have seen this as a big issue with some C tier and lower B tier PDGA events.

I had at the time only 1 mini that was a stupid color, black as the Play It Again Sports I got may first discs outside the Rubber Putter had only an ugly version of higlighter Yellow that hurt my eyes to look at or black for the mini So I had to buy for $7-$8 the Black Hills Disc Golf Konfedreacy mini from the tournament in Rapid City South Dakota in a easy to find Teal or dark Seafoam color that I still have but will only use in an emergency, the logo is a tad racist using the Confederate flag on a gold mining pan that is also a disc golf disc.

I love snacks so much. Terry towels with no disc manufacturer's branding on them are also great.

also can get the reusable Shammy type towels used for car fine cleaning detailing for more drying discs better, lots of players do not have those for use and they are handy. My Wilson Towel a version still made though in black not white like mine is big enough to soak up the water I do not need a shammy.

We have a local guy that does tie-dyed towels. His towels are usually given in prize packs but you might be able to get a few people to help with the quantity for players packs.

Vouchers for local or online stores, let the players buy what they want.

This, if possible.

Most of the non-disc players pack stuff I ever received, ended up in a garbage can. A few things, stuffed in the back of the closet or the bottom of the bag. It's very hard to find anything for a few dollars that I want, but haven't bought myself.

The "best of the rest" have been shirts, particularly quality shirts with a cool design. I can always wear shirts. Although -- due to sizing, shirts can be a pain to handle for a TD.

Socks are the cliche thoughtless gift, so I'd expect jokes and/or gruff if I went with that one.

Snacks are one of these things that are very personal. I bet I've thrown away 75% of the "freebie" snacks that I've gotten in my life. I've never gotten sunblock as a freebie, but that is sort of the same thing. I've used sunblock that has cause irritations that were so bad that I had to go to the ambulatory clinic that day. I suppose I would find value in having something that I can give people when they ask to use my sunblock.

As a player that has never played a tourney, but plans to in the not too distant future, I feel like I need towels, minis, scorecards, pencils, knee pads. The knee pad minis are something that would probably be useful to me that I'd never buy on my own.

Don't put something in just to put something in. Just increase the payouts since you don't have to take anything out for the players packs and let the players pick out what they want with the payout money. I moved up to open early partially because I was sick of getting garbage that had the price inflated in players packs resulting in awful payouts. Nothing like paying $65 for an am event to get a dollar store tablet case and water bottle with the tds logo on it, get third out of 35 people, and receive $20 in funny money because the players pack was valued so high.