• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best of the rest

I actually like the Lightning stamps. If they would rename their drivers midranges they might sell better because some of them fly pretty well but drivers they are not. At least not in 2008. The Stingray used to be a driver.

Thanks for the review Matt.

matt51776 said:
The Helios is slightly larger diameter than a regular driver, and has a destroyer like rim ( like .01 in. wider), the top is moderately domey but tapers short of the edge similar to how the small amount of dome in a Pulse disappears at the edge more abruptly than you would expect and then is completely flat at the edge. Despite the size its comfortable in my hand. The plastic is quality, their description was Gateway S but I think its more pliable.

It flies less stable than most of the big bad drivers now. Less stable than a Force or X Caliber for sure, and imo less stable than a Destroyer. But it does have more glide than any of those as well. I am a much stronger side arm thrower than Backhand in general. Favorable conditions maybe 400 forehand and 350 backhand. Forehand I struggle keeping the Helios from flipping, back hand I have no problems it flies straight with little fade flipped flat. I can turn it if I want to easier than the destroyer anyway. I think its a good disc overall, it has its place. A player with smoother technique than mine would probably get more out of the disc given its speed and glide.

My bag is 98% Innova but with the Latitude 64 Zeroline Spikes as my putters. I adore the feel of their putter plastic and this particular disc suits me fine. It's a lower profile putter similar to a Classic Roc or the XD.

Anybody receive a QKII yet? They are on E-bay now and according to Discwings site the Black limited editions started shipping April 7th. I ordered one right away but have not received it yet. Also ordered the Transcend and the Crosshair but really wanted to know how the QKII flies.

Latest posts