• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best One Liner Tips?

KISS

Keep it Simple Stupid

Thanks to my buddy from CT Craig for that one. When I step up to the tee/upshot lie I look for the most simple line to the 15ft circle green.

Take the big gap... not too unlike you're take the easiest shot you can make

I play wooden courses and realize I could cut the corner to head straight for the basket but I've learned that going through a bigger gap in the trees more often gets me inside the circle where I have a chance to make the putt. If the gaps are similar in size I'll aim for the gap that's closer to the basket. Better to have a chance at birdie or an easy par than hit an early tree and bring bogey into play.

The one I usually tell everyone is "its all about putting."

Spend as much time practice putting as you do playing rounds and in a year you'll be cashing.

Also, be positive "lets have fun" and route for your card mates. Its contagious and I play much better when everyone is having a good time.

Last edited:
Also, be positive "lets have fun" and route for your card mates. Its contagious and I play much better when everyone is having a good time.

"Have fun" is probably the best for me. Especially during a round where things aren't clicking. In those cases: "Breathe, step back, and then have fun."

As far as the game goes, all those other one-liners about putting, taking the smart/doable shot, and practice sound good too.

After you leave yourself with a less than favorable lie, behind trees/obstacles or somewhere making a run at the basket risky:

"Don't be a hero."

Sometimes pitching out and taking a stroke Is a better option than trying a risky run through jail.

A little kid came up and asked my friend how we threw so far. My buddy handed him a disc and said,
" you just grip it, then RIP it!"
Then he demonstrated for the little guy. We've been using that for new players ever since

In regards to the "have fun" one liners... that's one thing that still gets to me...for me it's not about winning or losing...it's playing as good as I can. But I've yet to have fun when I'm playing bad. Granted...it doesn't bother me as much as it used to, but having a bad competitive round isn't really fun at all. lol...

1989 World Champion Mr. Steve Wisecup once told me after I got 2 double bogeys after an ACE ------------ "Your only as good as your next shot". It didn't help me right then, but over time it has helped me not only with Disc Golf but with life in general.