• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best personal round ever thread

I shot a 38(-16) in the 2nd round of a PDGA event at Bayville in Va Beach. I had a crappy 1st round and was in last place. I finished 2nd, won the ace pot and made more money than 1st place.

When I was playing Schenley on a regular basis by best was a -7, and now that Moraine is the close course, my personal best is -1 from the blues, usually 3-6 over.

1030 -8 Round at Oak Hollow Open in 2010, missed 2-15'ers, and took a double on a wide open hole with a mental lapse. NOne of the birdies came from long putts, I was just on that round. Was { } that close to a -12 1060 round!!! Followed that up with a 950 and a 926 the next day, lol.

Same year's Iron Man in Charlotte with 6 discs:

5 courses 1 day in the following order.

Renny: 68 -3
Hornets Nest: -2
Reedy Creek: -8
Sugaw: -7 (even par front 9)
Kilborne: -8

Shot a -6 (54) at Bellamy park a while back and haven't come close since. Also just recently got my farthest recorded drive on flat ground (340ft. with a champ Valkyrie).

-2 after nine holes at Limona a little while ago. I haven't played much recently, so it was nice to score my best round. I only had one bogey, which was nice.

Well, there was a course in Louisiana that was designed for novice players at a camp. They only had putters, but that was fine because I still managed to shoot -19 on their 18 hole course... I don't really count that one, though it did require consistently good playing through the round. No, I'm going to have to go with my -6 round at Northland Camp DGC. Ask jaw4, it's not a tough course, but it's still tough to throw under par (all 3s). As I recall, I even had 2 bogeys that round, so it was an alright day. AND I was on the phone for the last 12 holes! lol

I had been playing tourneys for a few years and had never finished higher than the top half of the AMII field. But during the Tennessee State frisbee Championships at Warriors State Park I had the best round I'll ever have.

It's the closest I have ever experienced to being in the Zone. It was one of those days that I couldn't do no wrong. I was hitting every putt no matter the distance, my drives off the tee pad were going exactly where they were supposed to, upshots were hitting the mark. I even had an ace shot that hit the chains but didn't stick.

I finished the first round in the top 5. I was accused of sandbagging. Which surprised me because of all my previous scores.

Unfortunately I came back down to earth the second round. I scored my usual terrible score and missed the pay out by a few strokes but did finish above the top half.

my best on my home course (freeman lake) was a -2 playing par 55 (all 3's except the 600ft 4th). i've played this course hundreds of times, and have only shot -2 twice, which was back to back rounds the same day.

not my home course, my personal best is a -5 at muldraugh (49 (par54)), and the only round i've shot in the 40's. had an amazing (for me) -6 on the front nine, then came back with a +1 on the back. still excited to shoot my first round in the 40s, despite the blow up on the back nine.

I once got a -20 playing the listed pars at Winton Woods in Cincinnati.

Before your jaw drops in amazement or accuse me of lying just let me say that is one of the easiest smallest course I've ever seen and it definitely has the most generous listed pars I have ever seen. The longest holes on the course are 275 and 290, and they are both listed as a par 5. Anything on that course over 200 is listed as a par 4. It's a fun little family course

I know I shouldn't be counting it at all and at the very least I should play them all as 3's but whenever someone asks me what my best round is, it's fun to be able to say -20.

I shot a -18 on listed pars at the Pecan Park old layout....but everyone played the six "par 4's" as par 3's so really it was a -12 (which was still a great round at that course/layout). The holes have been changed up a bit a year or two ago and I haven't played the new layout yet.

I shot a -18 on listed pars at the Pecan Park old layout....but everyone played the six "par 4's" as par 3's so really it was a -12 (which was still a great round at that course/layout). The holes have been changed up a bit a year or two ago and I haven't played the new layout yet.

good call. Someone replaced all the tee markers at one of our local courses with markers that say par 4 on the long layout. I shot a tournament round of 47 which i'm now calling a -25. The course bulletin board has a sign that says "All blue tees are Par 4". Underneath someone has written "Par 3 for Men".

I shot a 56 @ Leigh Farm (whites odd shorts/even longs). Course record for that layout is 54, I haven't even come close to that round score since then, even in the short/shorts.

RIP old Morningside in Knoxville - but I can't wait for your newly redesigned course!!!!

Shot my best out there once, birdied every hole on the back (the holes across the street) for a killer 11 down (43)

Best rounds for me. I shot 55 on my home course, usually average around 60. I shot a pair of 55's in the womens tournament at creekside. I shot a 52 at Lake Walcott this past summer.

Probably my favorite was back in 2005 when I shot a 62 at Solitude, which was a 906 rated round.

I shot a 57 the one and only time I played Hawk Hollow. It would of been better but the course tired me out and I ran out of gas, bogeying that last two holes. I don't know what the actual course par is but I have been told it was a hot round and until the last two holes I felt like I only had 2 or 3 poor throws.

Other good rounds Schenley 44 (-10) and Moraine 51 (-15) from the white tees.

My fave was in about 2005 on a mutha hot day at Jefferson Barracks. I was sweating my butt off and there were very few golfers out that day. All my stuff was working. I don't remember the score but some of the shots are still with me. No aces but I parked a bunch of birds that day.

Afterward I went home, just laid in the pool, drank beer and savored the day till supper.

I shot a 57 the one and only time I played Hawk Hollow. It would of been better but the course tired me out and I ran out of gas, bogeying that last two holes. I don't know what the actual course par is but I have been told it was a hot round and until the last two holes I felt like I only had 2 or 3 poor throws.

Other good rounds Schenley 44 (-10) and Moraine 51 (-15) from the white tees.

par at hawk hollow=63
57 is a 1015-1020 round.