• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best plastic to dye for first timers?

corsicana420

I really want to try this but not sure which plasic would be best? I have a millinium polaris ls and its my favorite disc. Would this be a good plastic to try?

I think the Millennium stuff dyes easily. My favorite plastic to work with is Innova Star and Champion plastic.

When I do something "special" I choose star plastic, it is just a personal preference.

The Millennium stuff tends to be cheaper so for first time dyes you can't go wrong. If you have a favorite disc, I'd save it and practice on something else. Once you feel confident about your ability tackle your favorite disc. You'll be happy with the results that way.

Good luck, have fun and post pictures when you are done.

I agree to try it on a used disc you don't care too much for. Then once you get the hang of it, dye your favorite disc with a sweet dye.

Personally I like star type plastics.In my own experience other plastics seem to warp in the heat of the dye( i try to keep it as low as possible).

Latest posts