• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dyes going bad/old dye?...

tomn8r

Par Member
Anyone else have dye that seems to go bad/not as effective & slightly different color after a couple years. I'm only talking about dye that i've used & then stored in a plastic bottle. I haven't had this problem until lately...so does dye (Rit) seem good for only so many uses? Also, what are some good alternatives to Rit that have brighter colors? I would lkie to find a lime green that works. Anyone have experience with Viktoria hand fabric dyes? It says it will work with polyester blends but not pure poly/nylon with special finishes.

Anyone else have dye that seems to go bad/not as effective & slightly different color after a couple years. I'm only talking about dye that i've used & then stored in a plastic bottle. I haven't had this problem until lately...so does dye (Rit) seem good for only so many uses? Also, what are some good alternatives to Rit that have brighter colors? I would lkie to find a lime green that works. Anyone have experience with Viktoria hand fabric dyes? It says it will work with polyester blends but not pure poly/nylon with special finishes.

Could it be the plastic that is deteriorating?

I've heard good things about Spike It Worm Dip....but I've just started getting into disc dyeing and am using iPoly (I have it mixed with acetone in brown glass bottles).