• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Portable Practice Baskets?

How are you thinking to work this stand for sloped terrain? Telescoping legs to be staked down? It's something I've pondered occasionally.

How are you thinking to work this stand for sloped terrain? Telescoping legs to be staked down? It's something I've pondered occasionally.

I built my own portable and have been wondering about this aspect. Mine is based on the Discatcher portable with the exact same type base. I have been wondering what I'll do when the slope gets me.

The InSteps are just fine if all you will want to do is haul it in/out of the home and you have the storage space. If you are short on space, and/or think you will want to take it anywhere else, spend the money on a MachLite (or two).

the best basket is a free basket. i won a disc catcher sport in a super CTP a couple weeks ago and couldnt be happier with it. its pretty durable and easy to move from the yard to the garage. they retail for $190 and i feel like that would probably be worth it. my buddy has one of the gateway baskets and it is incredibly nice but way more expensive.

Mach Lites are nice...Easy to carry, Quick to set up, and has the rough dimensions of a full size metal basket. Not terribly durable but if you take good care if it it will last a long while.

It catches well enough for a practice basket, but compared to other baskets it is one of the worst (if not the worst) in terms of catching ability, very prone to blow throughs.

Is there a reason why people don't like the innova travellers? Very surprised reading through this thread that so few people suggested that one since its ridiculously easy to transport and setup, mine has been sitting in my backyard for a while now with no issues and seems to work well for practicing.