• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best practice basket under $200

Do you want to take it places or leave it at home in one place? The dynamic recruit is right at 200 with free shipping on their site- the Mach lite is the best portable I have played on.

Mach Lite.

• It is lighter overall from the full metal options making it less taxing to carry it around. I bought all metal options thinking they would be the better choice, and I wound up not liking what a pain they were. I rarely use them, but I use my Mach Lite all the time.
  • It takes up less space in the trunk making it more feasible to bring along with you
  • It catches just as well, if not better than a lot of the metal offerings

mach lites are hard to beat. they pop up and break down in less than a minute, theyre just two pieces, and theyre full size pdga legal. they do have a lot of spit outs on shorter putts, but as long as i know i hit the chains in a spot that a nice basket would have normally caught, its a make for me during practice sessions. The only other downside is they are a bit heavy. After setting it up and taking it down 10 or so times you get used to the weight.

I have the Innova Discatcher Sport, and have added 9 extra inner chains and it is great, no spit outs at all. However, it is right at 50 lbs now, but that's not a problem for me as I don't move it around a lot. I also don't leave it outside.

I've got a skillshot and a discatcher sport and I'm pretty happy with both of them. The skillshot is great for taking out for field work. Light, easy up and down, easy to move. If I'm going out for an all day picnic type deal or for a weekend camping trip, I take the sport.

Mach Lite.

• It is lighter overall from the full metal options making it less taxing to carry it around. I bought all metal options thinking they would be the better choice, and I wound up not liking what a pain they were. I rarely use them, but I use my Mach Lite all the time.
  • It takes up less space in the trunk making it more feasible to bring along with you

I'll add to this list that you can drop the chainset into its closed postion and have a Bullseye type of target.

but, do you risk a finger in said acts?! :p

Honestly just buy something on sale that you like if it truly is for practice. My Costco basket works great.

best practice basket under $200....

You can justify your answer as needed.

I have a Franklin Disc Golf Target. $40. Mesh instead of chains. Breaks down and sets up in 30 seconds. Very quiet, doesn't piss off the neighbors.

I have never seen that target until now. How does it catch?

And where did you find it for $40?

Yeah, I've seen a couple places at $55. At that price, it's a no go. Even 40 seems a little high, but it's low enough to give it a shot.

I just received a DGA M-14 and I've really liked it. At 25 lbs it's portable enough and easy to set up and break down. Some people say there are more spit outs but I haven't really noticed and the way I see it is it just makes me work to be more accurate. Or you can always add some chains to make it more like a regular basket. But at $150 shipped from Amazon, I've really enjoyed it.

I'll add to this list that you can drop the chainset into its closed postion and have a Bullseye type of target.

Mach Lite.

All this. Actually go in the trunk with tons of room to spare. Metal baskets take up the majority of good trunk space. Mach Lite takes up the extra. And it's good enough to use as extra holes at fun events.

I have an instep disc golf basket. You can find them on eBay for $80. It's seriously a great basket for the price. I added an inner set of chains for $20 I think. With that, you can buy two baskets and still be within budget.

Depends on what is most important. Portability, or just a good catching practice target for the garage. If you have some inspiration and a saw, may I suggest my $27 creation. If you have any of the materials already, it's less than $27!