• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Prices for Mach X or Discatcher Pro 28 baskets

Mr. Butlertron

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
My birthday is coming up and I've decided to gift myself a premium basket or two. I'd like to know where people bought their Mach X practice basket(s). I could be persuaded into buying Pro 28(s) as well, but my interest stops at those two models.

Where am I going to find the best deals?

Online, brick and mortar dg store, dropping in at the Innova or DGA hq in person? Should I search pawn shops, attend underground poker rings, visit estate sales, Facebook?

Update: I have made a decision based on input from the DGCR community. Thank you all for your participation. You may now continue speculating on pointless hypotheticals, like which mids will Santa throw this coming season and so forth.

No brick and mortar stores in my area had either Mach X or Innova Pro 28. I went through discgolfbaskets.com, got an Innova Pro 28. Free shipping was the biggest contributing factor in my decision process.

The next step is to create a level concrete platform in my front yard to place the basket on, as I have a slight decending gradient from my house to the street. I chose an orange rimmed basket with the idea that it would be easier to track down if someone stole it and tried to resell it locally....not that I'd ever leave such a treasure out overnight.

Update: Finally, had a sunny weekend to install my basket platform.

I used scrap piece of plastic drainage pipe from work as my form, 36 in x 8 in. It took 5 bags of concrete (80 lbs each) to create a 4 inch thick pad.

Attachments

• IMG_20190126_091756937_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190126_091756937_HDR.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20190126_101035631.jpg
    IMG_20190126_101035631.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20190127_155228201_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190127_155228201_HDR.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 49
Update: I have made a decision based on input from the DGCR community. Thank you all for your participation. You may now continue speculating on pointless hypotheticals, like which mids will Santa throw this coming season and so forth.

Sorry I couldn't help you out. I was also kinda waiting to see some responses because I'm in the market, too. Then I forgot about the thread.:eek: Looks like you're good to go.

It's not a big deal. I didn't expect much of a response from others. It's not something purely subjective that everyone under the sun can wax poetic about. Additionally, I bought an LED work lamp for evening putting, will test it tonight, might take photos