• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Site to Buy Sleeves

S.Cann

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
My 6 hole home course is now in the ground on my 5 acre property. The course has good elevation and a nice creek running through the property. All holes are permanent baskets in sleeves. I have one extra sleeve, by would like to buy a few more to have some variety to the layout. Where would everyone recommend to buy extra sleeves?

My 6 hole home course is now in the ground on my 5 acre property. The course has good elevation and a nice creek running through the property. All holes are permanent baskets in sleeves. I have one extra sleeve, by would like to buy a few more to have some variety to the layout. Where would everyone recommend to buy extra sleeves?

whichever manufacturer made the baskets... all sleeves are not created equal.

2" PVC pipe with a cap on the end will work and only costs about $5 each. You can't really lock them, but that's probably not a big issue on a private property. This pic shows the sleeves the way I received them from the previous owner of the baskets. He turned an oak point that slid into the pipe with a hole in the side that he could put a roofing nail into.

I've been wanting some new sleeves but I don't have time to turn more wood points so I just put a PVC cap on the end with a hole drilled in it so any collecting water can seep out. I drill out a 1-3/4" wide hole in the ground with a bulb auger and then tap the pipe into the ground with a sledgehammer. Given the soil here (mostly clay) it seems to work pretty well.

attachment.php

For our courses in Milwaukee, I know that we had to have someone local make a bunch of them for all the alternate basket locations. It was just a metal pipe with the lock tab welded on to it so it wasnt anything crazy.

Latest posts