• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best small, cheap bag that holds Zephyrs

What about a fossa Zuma. Will they hold superclass?

maybe not "cheap" at $59.95, but the Voodoo Juju will fit Zephyrs in the putter pocket or in the main compartment. Pretty good small bag.

Never. I use hippie juice BS and it actually works.

Still can't get over dude at Hanson with a 5 gal bucket. Beers included and built in seat.

I say one of the Discraft Tounament Bags not the Backpack but the bag. Those held a big disc if you took out the U shaped bag support. Keep the piece of plastic in the bottom of bag though. I had an old one that was made prior to the U Shaped bag support. Good price for all it can hold.

Never. I use hippie juice BS and it actually works.

Still can't get over dude at Hanson with a 5 gal bucket. Beers included and built in seat.

One of the older local guys here is nicknamed Fishnet...

...take a wild guess at what he carries his discs in.;):D

Last edited:
I would recommend the Fade Crunch for certain. This is my second one as the first only had to be replaced after five years of use and hundreds of rounds had worn out the bottom of the bag.

It easily carries 8-14 discs, a water bottle, and extras like scorecards, cell, wallet, keys, snacks, etc. I've managed to fit my rain jacket in the large storage pocket before: Plenty of space for the casual round and my go-to for winter golf.

I added a set of quad straps for an ultra-light backpack setup but the shoulder strap works well as long as you don't load it down too much. The front pocket holds two putters or a Zephyr comfortably. Should work well for your needs.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 20180130_234224.jpg
    20180130_234224.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 26
I would recommend the Fade Crunch for certain. This is my second one as the first only had to be replaced after five years of use and hundreds of rounds had worn out the bottom of the bag.

It easily carries 8-14 discs, a water bottle, and extras like scorecards, cell, wallet, keys, snacks, etc. I've managed to fit my rain jacket in the large storage pocket before: Plenty of space for the casual round and my go-to for winter golf.

I added a set of quad straps for an ultra-light backpack setup but the shoulder strap works well as long as you don't load it down too much. The front pocket holds two putters or a Zephyr comfortably. Should work well for your needs.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply. My fiance has a Crunch, so I'm familiar with it. This does help co firm what I was thinking.

Is that one of the Star Zephyrs from the factory store? What are your thoughts on that?

I did pick up a Star Zephyr from the recent run and like it. It flies just as the other ones I've thrown in DX and Champion plastic. The difference for me is grip and durability. I thought this would be a nice addition for cold or wet weather when I want a soft and controlled approach shot. I've taken her for a spin in the snow and the grip was fantastic even when the disc was wet. Flight was familiar with no turn or fade - a very neutral disc. I even hit the pole a few times on some long approaches! Star plastic might be invincible so I haven't noticed any wear whatsoever. At 200 grams, this could be a disc that will last a lifetime.

Do you have any experience with Superclass rounds? I considered doing a fundraiser for our local club and giving out Zephyrs as players packs. The idea there was that we could play the short tees with only Superclass discs and try to have some fun. Throwing lids really changes a course and adds some challenge. Just an idea so any feedback would be great. Glad to see another Zephyr thrower on the forums! :hfive:

I did pick up a Star Zephyr from the recent run and like it. It flies just as the other ones I've thrown in DX and Champion plastic. The difference for me is grip and durability. I thought this would be a nice addition for cold or wet weather when I want a soft and controlled approach shot. I've taken her for a spin in the snow and the grip was fantastic even when the disc was wet. Flight was familiar with no turn or fade - a very neutral disc. I even hit the pole a few times on some long approaches! Star plastic might be invincible so I haven't noticed any wear whatsoever. At 200 grams, this could be a disc that will last a lifetime.

Do you have any experience with Superclass rounds? I considered doing a fundraiser for our local club and giving out Zephyrs as players packs. The idea there was that we could play the short tees with only Superclass discs and try to have some fun. Throwing lids really changes a course and adds some challenge. Just an idea so any feedback would be great. Glad to see another Zephyr thrower on the forums! :hfive:

That is exactly what I wanted to hear about the Star Zephyr - I'm going to order one or two.
My experience with superclass is just that in the winter here, we take a few Zephyrs and a putter and play shorter courses. No dealing with ribbons or lost discs in the snow, which is awesome. I find snow golf to be pretty annoying with regular discs.

Latest posts