• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best straight flying/slightly understable Mid?

Which mid should I use?

• Keep the Buzzz

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Opto Core

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Mako

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Element

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Ontario Roc

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Comet

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • other..

Votes: 21 24.4%

• Total voters

Pwingles

* Ace Member *
Have a Buzzz in ESP, looked at cores, had cro's (didnt like them), looked at makos as well

help me make a decision?

i carry between 3-5 rocs of various plastics and stages of wear, its a viable option, but i like new things :D

Buzzz is nice and smooth as ice...if you can get the proper technique with it, it will perform surgery for you. I pair mine with the Panther, which is way more understable, but also very controllable and predictable in the way it turns.

Roc Lover said:
i carry between 3-5 rocs of various plastics and stages of wear, its a viable option, but i like new things :D

Not being a jerk here... you've been playing less than 5 years? probably less than 3? :)

Your response is typical for those still in the plastic whore phase of their game. After awhile, you get over "I want to throw a bunch of discs" and just pick a few and throw them. Honestly, you can probably take 50 discs with you on the course and throw most of them on any given hole with reasonable results. The problem is, it just hurts your back to carry so many. Thus, eventually you'll settle on leaving some at home.

If you carry 3-5 rocs, you don't need a buzz or a comet. If you want to swap out 1-2 of those rocs for other discs, then that's a different story. However, I think most folks would agree that your best bet is to just throw the rocs since you're already throwing them (and they are presumably working for you).

If you had only been throwing a few weeks or months - perhaps less than a year, you might want to go with the Roc/Comet or Buzz combo because the buzz and comet will do what will take you months of wear to get out of a roc (I guess you could go Ontario though).

I am a firm believer in the impact it is a great disc and IMO should be under discrafts midrange line-up since this is what the 2 pros quoted on their website and one of them is fairly fairly close disc golfer that is a great coach/mentor to me on and off the cousre.

"Holds a very nice straight line without much effort. It is faster than average midrange discs and travels far enough on low ceiling shots."
-Chris Max Voigt

"A nice straight disc with the 'old-school' smaller rim which skips less. Low line approaches are a little easier to land with the Impact."
-Ron Convers Jr.

I know a couple of guys who threw the impact for a while and both switched to the meteor complaining the impact was too squirrelly and nose angle sensitive.

I threw the Buzz for a while, and got to where it felt like it took too much power to get it to fly the way I wanted. And, wasn't fond of the bigger diameter discs. So, I went to the Spider. Around the same flight to me with less power requirement with a much better feel. Pair it with a Panther for more understability. But, if you're throwing Buzz's and have Roc's. There are a lot of disc that will do the same shot. It's 100% up to you what feels good in your hand, and feels good for your power requirment. I personly hate the way the Roc feels, and started to not like the Buzz. If you threw Cro's they were probably too stable, try a Spider or keep the other disc.

If I had to buy a midrange off of the shelf for this shot, it would be a Comet. This is the type of line it excels at being thrown on (even moreso than a beat up Roc).

However, I find it's easier to "force" a Roc onto that line (and a ton of others).

black udder said:
Not being a jerk here...Your response is typical for those still in the plastic whore phase of their game...
And this from the guy whose tag is "Disc Whore" :lol: :lol: :lol: