• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Best Teebird?

NOStheBOSS

Double Eagle Member
I recently lost my champion teebird that I liked but didn't love, and want to replace it in my bag. I need other slower drivers to compliment my leopard. Teebird throwers, can you give me an idea of what to expect from different runs/plastic and possibly help me choose what to get?

No CE/rare stuff. I'm sure its good but I dont have $100+ to spend

Discs in general tend to go from more overstable to less overstable in the order of Champion, Star, Pro, and DX. If you didn't love your Champion Teebird, you might want to try an Eagle.

Personally, God himself couldn't pry the Teebirds out of my bag, but a lot of people really like the Eagle instead. They fly differently, but are generally used for the same types of shots.

DX teebirds are really good, but in my experience, the flatter, starry, champ teebirds are perfect for me. Stay away from the plus mold unless you like the new lip on the inside.

I too have heard good things about DX teebirds, but won't throw them on the rocky desert course I play because it eats DX discs alive. I have a champ teebird myself, which as I'm sure you know throw more overstable. A start might be a nice compromise between the two if you're looking for one to get beat in and flippy sooner than a champ. If you're open to something not a teebird, a Lat64 striker is a damn good replacement. I find that I like my GL striker just a bit more than the 'bird. It's a little flippier out of the box and feels slightly faster.

What didn't you like about the Champion Teebird?

If you weren't happy with the Teebird I would recommend a Lat 64 Striker. It has taken the place of my teebirds in my bags. I have only tried the GL but I have an Opto on the way to try out.

I love dx teebirds. They beat into a great straight flying disc. I liked the champ for more fade till i threw a star teebird. The star teebirds start out to be pretty stable also but break in nicely. Id check out a star if you like more premium plastic.
Also check out a pd maybe like bro d said. Its like a faster teebird.

11x are the money to some people, my personal is what ever one is my hand when Im about to tee off. Look for flatter and take a look at dropping your weight a little bit so its not to stable to use quickly. Some of the star are iffy, had a 168 that was a monster disc. Meat hooked anything but FH, used it for flat straight FH shots with minimal fade -250

What didn't you like about the Champion Teebird?

Well, like I said, I did like it, just didn't love it like I love my wraiths. I really stopped throwing it much and then lost it on a rare throw. The reason I want it back is to be able to play practice rounds with a teebird, leopard, rocs, and wizards

If it helps, it was a 175 opaque champ teebird, and I avg a 380' drive, and can hit 420 on an all out drive

Wait, what was it about your teebird you'd like to see improved? For me, Champ Teebrids are the best. But I'm not sure how to answer your question until I know what it is your wanting out of the Teebirds that your champ wasn't doing for you.

I too have heard good things about DX teebirds, but won't throw them on the rocky desert course I play because it eats DX discs alive. I have a champ teebird myself, which as I'm sure you know throw more overstable. A start might be a nice compromise between the two if you're looking for one to get beat in and flippy sooner than a champ. If you're open to something not a teebird, a Lat64 striker is a damn good replacement. I find that I like my GL striker just a bit more than the 'bird. It's a little flippier out of the box and feels slightly faster.

You may have sold me on the Striker. I have a DX Teebird and have been considering a Star, but I LOVE the durability of Lat discs and how they seem to actually fly like they should out of the box, instead of having to beat them up for a year.