• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best variety 9 hole course?

Winged Deer in Johnson City, TN is the best 9er I have played....and it has/had great variety, up down straight right let wooded open. Then they went and added 9 crappy holes in a cedar-infested ugly area....so now it is a mediocre 18 holer.

Linbrook is a special and overlooked course with great variety in length, par, and shots, but the fact it all plays in dense woods limits it's sense of variety a bit for me. Damn good course though.

Personally I think Two Mile Extension is more varied, and another great western PA course, even though I think Linbrook is on a higher level.

No offense, but I am shocked you were talking about that course! :eek:

For me, Butterworth in the Quad Cities has been the gold standard. Two water holes IIRC.

Honorable mentions to Lake Wazee and (locally) Lewis University.

No offense, but I am shocked you were talking about that course! :eek:

Lol. I actually opened the link a second time. I thought I got the wrong one somehow. However, I do recall it having more variety the other ones near the WI/IN border. So I get where he's coming from.

Lewis University is a great local suggestion. Adler (Libertyville) is another decent "variety" 9 holer (although hole 1 now lacks something). St. Charles, IL has a cool little putter 9 hole course with variety too (no long holes though).

My personal favorite is Brickyard in Menomonie, WI. Always stop when driving through to Minneapolis. I say I am going to play 1 round, 20 minutes. Always loose an hour and a half of my day. Multiple teepads, baskets, and elevation.

Southwoods in Des Moines! Remember that thread? The course actually has a great variety of uphill, downhill, wooded, and open holes. Used a variety of discs for that 9er. Fun time playing there :)

My personal favorite is Brickyard in Menomonie, WI. Always stop when driving through to Minneapolis. I say I am going to play 1 round, 20 minutes. Always loose an hour and a half of my day. Multiple teepads, baskets, and elevation.

Always seems like it's much more than just a 9er. But yeah, that's some crazy variety!

Bluemont Park in Arlington, VA has a TON of variety thanks to its three different sets of concrete tee pads... you can pretty much play 27 unique holes there (assuming that the place isn't super congested).

The best 9 hole course is Hornet's Nest in Charlotte. Front 9 plus new #1&2 (until the back 9 is rebuilt)

Honorable Mention: Warner Park, Manhattan, KS

Hole 1 - Short, downhill open-to-wooded
Hole 2 - Short, uphill wooded tunnel
Hole 3 - Medium, uphill open
Hole 4 - Short, downhill open
Hole 5 - Medium, flat wooded-to-open
Hole 6 - Medium, flat open
Hole 7 - Short, uphill tree gap
Hole 8 - Short, flat boxed (surrounded by cedars)
Hole 9 - Long, downhill open

The best 9 hole course is Hornet's Nest in Charlotte. Front 9 plus new #1&2 (until the back 9 is rebuilt)
I don't think that's what the thread is about...

Its a 9 hole course probably until the fall. What else could this thread be about

Signal View is the best 9 holer I have played. I am very bias and think Bluemont in Virginia is an excellent course, but in reality it does have flaws.

Latest posts