• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best way to do an orange and pruple dye.

Pete Kwaz

Birdie Member
My girlfriend says she would play more with me if she had her own set of discs. Hre favorite colors are orange and purple. She loves the moon so I was thinking of doing some dyes similar to the Discraft glow stamp in purple over an orange background.

Question, can I use an orange disc and dye it purple, or will that go horribly wrong? Should I start out with a white disc and dye it purple and then give it a dip in orange for a bit? Would I have to remask? I currently have just black red and yellow so could I do the orange with a yellow dye followed by a quick dip in red, or should I get an orange dye?

Sorry for the dozen questions but I want to get this right.

i bet you wanna get it right, alot riding on this production.. i, however, have no disc dying experience... from the outside looking in, the best dyes i have seen using orange and purple have been on a white disc.. wonder if glow would have the same affect?

best of luck to you!!

Pete, I imagine if you used a dark enough shade of purple, you could start with an orange disc. In fact, I know you could. I tried doing a Firefox dye on an orange Sidewinder once, left it in the blue dye too long and when it came out, it almost matched the black dye from the first dip.

get a light orange, creamsickle-colored star plastic disc and use purple rit. will come out looking really good.;)

Latest posts