• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BEWARE Discgolfcenter.com

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with DGC, I am surprised by that because I have to agree with the rest of those who say they've had nothing but good experiences with DGC.

I order exclusively from them and have always had great service, fast shipping, and no troubles with return orders.

Sorry to hear about that experience, but I have always had the best customer service from Disc Golf Center. Wade even threw in a free 2009 Innova Calendar with one of my orders.

I agree that is the experience I have had too.

I have had good experiences with discgolfvalues.com and discnation's inventory is unmatched. I haven't had great help in their pro shop in austin. not that they were unfriendly, just not that remarkable(in my humble opinion).

something new- www.discgolfstation.com does free shipping with no minimum order in continental u.s.

Two people with bad experiences and two with weight/color issues does make me weary. I've had good experience with Prime Discs, actually got 2 ProD Ringers for $5 each!

I posted a while back about my most recent positive experience with DGC -- an item I had ordered was not available when they went to pack the order, so they called me with a list of potentially acceptable alternatives (same mold, closest weights/colors in stock). They could've just e-mailed me, or they could've just called and put the onus on me to figure out what they had that would work, but they did the legwork before calling me so that all I had to do was say "yeah, that'll work".

Haven't had a lot of other "customer service" interactions with them -- my other orders have pretty much all been shipped/delivered as ordered with no delays or errors.

I've had nothing but great customer service and perfect deliveries from discgolfcenter.com and I've bought a LOT from them over the last year. I think you had an unusual experience.
You should check out Disc Golf Station. They are new and would love your business.

I've only had great experiences with discgolfcenter. My orders have always been fast, color just about right on, they've never missed a weight.

Everyone has a bad day every once and a while.

looks like DGC needs to work on quality control, weight color issues are bad news - these kind of mistakes come from bad systems/practices and speak volumes about a business. I would say this would worry me more than poor customer service.

I've had nothing but great customer service and perfect deliveries from discgolfcenter.com and I've bought a LOT from them over the last year. I think you had an unusual experience.
You should check out Disc Golf Station. They are new and would love your business.

Anybody know where discgolfstation ships from? The last time I ordered from DGC it took like 6 days when it use to take 3 for them to mail a disc to me.

Their systems/practices are impressive, if you haven't been there you really cannot picture how it works.

Each mold and plastic type has a box (or 3 or 5) and go in ascending weight order. The second an order is received the worker pulls the discs and completes the order which updates the site.

I cannot see how they could do a better job arranging.

When you visit they ask you to please mind the order and if you don't they ask that you give the discs to them so they can put them back. There is a good chance that someone was a tool and did not heed that and just put things back willy nilly. So if you have 2 black discs one 167 and one 173 and someone tooled them up, there is a chance you would get the wrong one.

I've only had great experiences with discgolfcenter. My orders have always been fast, color just about right on, they've never missed a weight.

Everyone has a bad day every once and a while.

Me too, but I've never had to deal with DGC's customer service. Just because they ship promptly and get orders right doesn't mean they behave properly when things don't go well.

If a company can be thrown off by people visiting their site than I would argue that their systems and practices are far from impressive. I have nothing against this store I have never bought anything from them and probably wont in the foreseeable future as i have a Disc golf store in town. But of the posts so far about 4 or so have had problems, which, from an operations point of view, is a big deal.

I should note that I don't mean to draw hard and fast conclusions about a business I know nothing about based on one thread in a Disc golf forum. I maybe should say that it is an unfavorable trend that I am seeing.

Considering the volume that goes thru DGC, you're bound to get a few goof ups.

companies focused on total quality management and the idea of zero defects are unhappy when they exceed 3.4 defects per million, there have been 4 on this page alone. Quality is important not only to customers but a businesses bottom line.

I have NEVER had a problem with them, and have had over 20 discs ordered from them. They are fast, cheap, and have great customer service with me.

Nothing but good things to say about them.

Nobody is perfect, and I still recommend them over anybody.

Latest posts