• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

I was talking with a few guys, and we all seemed to agree that Hobson isn't really a good course for an Advanced A-Tier. We all came to the agreement that swapping it with Ephram White would make a better fit, as it's more of a championship caliber course.

I know that the status quo has been to put a long open course (Phil Moore/White), a meadows course (Kereiakes/Lovers), a wooded shorty (Hobson/Miller) and a fourth (not sure how to categorize Tech/Griffin/Chalybeate). From my perspective though, Moore/White/Kereiakes/Tech would make a more competitive advanced group. There's a lot of luck on those tighter, wooded courses.

Anyone else have thoughts?

The Bowling Green Disc Golf Club look forward to hosting another great event - a week long if you take in all activities!

The plan is to mirrow last years event, so go to http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BowlingGreen.html to get an idea of the schedule and etc. A few course changes may take place if rivers rise (Phil Moore Park), someone schedules a run on top of us (Griffin Park), but we want to showcase advanced, so they do get the courses that should promote the best all around play.

I will post here the date that we will open registration, but wanted to give as much notice as I could so players can plan vacations and lodging for next spring.

Same weekend as Glass Blown - both events had facilities reserved a year in advance, but Dynamic Disc is still planning on being at Wha Bah's for the week supporting Bowling Green.

if putting MA1 on that course means I wont have to play it then my feelings will not be hurt in the least...

I was talking with a few guys, and we all seemed to agree that Hobson isn't really a good course for an Advanced A-Tier. We all came to the agreement that swapping it with Ephram White would make a better fit, as it's more of a championship caliber course.

I know that the status quo has been to put a long open course (Phil Moore/White), a meadows course (Kereiakes/Lovers), a wooded shorty (Hobson/Miller) and a fourth (not sure how to categorize Tech/Griffin/Chalybeate). From my perspective though, Moore/White/Kereiakes/Tech would make a more competitive advanced group. There's a lot of luck on those tighter, wooded courses.

Then this just means that whoever throws the longest will win.
I wouldnt want to play two long wide open courses.

I personally like Hobson in the mix for MA1, it's a classic, that and I shoot well at tight wooded courses! haha! :)

I'll be MA1, hopefully i'll actually be playing well by April so I don't waste all that money like i've been doing the past 4 tournaments, haha.

Yea MA1 playing Hobson is great and we played tech last year. Hobson messed up a lot of players that cannot putt or hit a line. I think it is a great course to test those skills.

Yea MA1 playing Hobson is great and we played tech last year. Hobson messed up a lot of players that cannot putt or hit a line. I think it is a great course to test those skills.

Which honestly, as long as it is a "Fair" course, meaning great shots aren't punished by luck. Then i'm all for making it difficult. This is a big tourney, with great players. If yo ucan't compete, you don't deserve to win....This coming from a guy who is HORRIBLE in the woods, being raised on open big arm courses.

Man I wish these wernt the dates as now I wont be able to go since this is the same weekend and the Masters Cup in Santa Cruz. Three big A tier AM events on the same weekend that is just wrong.

Our little one was due on April 19 (she came on April 10). You have PLENTY of cushion time between the tournament and her due date.

Me? My phone was on vibrate and I was checking every few holes.

Have fun, the birth of that first child is incredible.

Thanks, were really excited....I've got a little one to teach disc golf to when he/she gets older.

I didn't feel like Hobson or Tech were all that luck dominated, other than a few random trees at Tech after blind turns that did up the random factor a little. Hobson is a course where if you just play smart and hit your lines luck won't come into play all that much, and it emphasizes a part of the game that the other advanced courses don't.

FUND RAISING DISC AVAILABLE

Innova fund raising disc will be available from course sponsors, available to ship to you on December 17th ($20 each).

OR

Purchase when registering (or PM HB553):

Champion Metal Flake Tern (max weight)
Flat top Champion Firebird (max weight)
CFR Blizzard Glow Ch. Dominators (top weight 165g)

Our presenting sponsor Innova is allowing us to do a pre-release of the new tern for a couple of months . . .
The Champion Tern (12/6/-2/2) flies like a Sidewinder on steroids or a Katana with more glide, a little more turn and a little less low speed over stability. Big distance for modest efforts. Meant for players with 325 to 375 ft power.

photo attached of the Tern:

Attachments

• bg_tern.JPG
    bg_tern.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 29
Here's a 250th post: now a Birdie Member, and the third player registered for BG Ams 2013! :hfive:

I personally like Hobson in the mix for MA1, it's a classic, that and I shoot well at tight wooded courses! haha! :)

Agreed, Playing Phil Moore & White in the same tourney would be awful. Definitely my two least favorite courses in BG. Hobson adds a much needed mix to the MA1 lineup and I consider tight lines through the woods less of a luck factory than crazy wind at Phil Moore & White.

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN

As in 2012 - the Bowling Green Disc Golf Club will refund entry fees up untill the event starts - just notify us. Rather see you have a spot than wait untill last minute and find your division is filled.

Division limits:

All advanced divisions - 4 pools have 320 spots (80 per course).
All intermediate divisions - 2 pools have 160 spots
All recreational divisions - 2 pools have 160 spots

If your rating rises forcing you into another division we will change that and notify you. We let the PDGA make those assignments with the latest update prior to the event pools set.

If you ratings drop, you may contact the TD to change divisions.

Latest posts