• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

I am thinking about making the drive up from Louisiana for this event. Would past attendees say this is worth the drive and expense? I only get one "golf vacation" a year and want to make sure I pick a great one.

What tier is this event considered?

Any other advice for a first timer?

Thanks.

I am thinking about making the drive up from Louisiana for this event. Would past attendees say this is worth the drive and expense? I only get one "golf vacation" a year and want to make sure I pick a great one.

Thanks.

i would says its worth the drive

A Tier

have fun, its a blast...

Thanks.

My advice is this...

Do it, but lower your expectations. It is what you make of it. Come with the right people and you'll have a really good time. I stayed at a hotel last time, but I'll be camping next year.

The courses are not the star, just know that.

Fun tournament, I will be going back again most likely.

I have not made it to BG Ams the past two years because both of my travel partners play Open now. I plan on making the trip this year even if it is by myself. I have not looked at what courses Advanced Masters are playing but if Phil Moore is used I may decide against going. That is the worse course I have ever played by far. I had bad dreams about those damn white posts for weeks.

Well I see we do have to play there the very first round. Ugh. I may not go now afterall. Sure wish they would have used Franklin Simpson again instead of that crappy course. Anywhere but there would be ok.

My advice is this...

Do it, but lower your expectations. It is what you make of it. Come with the right people and you'll have a really good time. I stayed at a hotel last time, but I'll be camping next year.

The courses are not the star, just know that.

Fun tournament, I will be going back again most likely.

I really appreciate this input.

To be honest, the courses are pretty much my top factor when trying to decide on a place to go.

Having fun and camping and all of the fun are great at events but I can pretty much do that locally. If I drive 500+ miles to an event...I'm there to play disc golf and would like the rounds to be memorable in terms of "the golf".

Hope that makes sense. :)

I have not made it to BG Ams the past two years because both of my travel partners play Open now. I plan on making the trip this year even if it is by myself. I have not looked at what courses Advanced Masters are playing but if Phil Moore is used I may decide against going. That is the worse course I have ever played by far. I had bad dreams about those damn white posts for weeks.

Lol, really, worst course you have played?

I really appreciate this input.

To be honest, the courses are pretty much my top factor when trying to decide on a place to go.

Having fun and camping and all of the fun are great at events but I can pretty much do that locally. If I drive 500+ miles to an event...I'm there to play disc golf and would like the rounds to be memorable in terms of "the golf".

Hope that makes sense. :)

The courses are good...if you play advanced you will play 4 totally different courses... They are cool courses and I had no issues with them even being an elitist NC player. Or you can go to Am Nats and play the same course 3 times. The atmosphere and players pack at Am Nats is the best that I have been to. 3 tee timed rounds = more sight seeing...or playing of area courses.

Last edited:
The courses are good...if you play advanced you will play 4 totally different courses... They are cool courses and I had no issues with them even being an elitist NC player. Or you can go to Am Nats and play the same course 3 times. The atmosphere and players pack at Am Nats is the best that I have been to. 3 tee timed rounds = more sight seeing...or playing of area courses.

That's good to know. I attended the Beaver State Fling last year and was blown away by the professionalism and atmosphere of that event. It was top notch all the way and is one of the coolest disc golf things I have ever gotten to do.

Right now, I am debating between this event and the Memorial Champ. in Arizona. This Bowling Green one would be a lot less expensive.

Pandamoinum will again be an event sponsor, we are already gearing up for this as well so that we can bring some amazing products to you guys.

Seriously man, Phil Moore is the best course available there and is the closest to a professional level course the tourney offers. I love that course.

Thanks.
This would be the tournament to go to, in my opinion

It's between this and Am Nats for me as far as favorite tournaments of the year. BG is about the people, I have so much fun hanging out with and meeting new people all week in a fun competitive setting. It is very organized and well run, great players pack, good solid courses - not a single one makes my favorites list, but all quite enjoyable and offer good competition. Am Nats is about the event and the competition. I guess what I'm getting at is that I definitely recommend BG Ams to anyone that's looking for a great DG week.

I played the BG Ams in 2012 and had fun even though I was a bit under the weather and got crushed by courses. Liked Phil Moore , Hobson, and Keiriekes. Did not enjoy BGTC course much at all, some holes on that there are mighty dangerous for an older person to retrieve errant throws. Met some cool peeps and had a good time for the most part, thinking about doing it again this year if I can make it.

Ugh. A whole weekend of required stuff at work. This will require some thought.

Ken, I imagine we would be in the same pool most of the weekend...if I go, you'ld have a ride and a hotel split. Worked for Andy Wiler and I last year.

I don't have a PDGA membership yet, can I register me and my son now for rec and then get you the PDGA numbers when we sign up in the new year (gotta square up some cash)

I don't have a PDGA membership yet, can I register me and my son now for rec and then get you the PDGA numbers when we sign up in the new year (gotta square up some cash)

Yeah, you can sign up now and then get your PDGA number later, as long as it is before the event.

Latest posts