• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

What he said . . . . . . . full schedule here: http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BGamSchedule.html

Updates on discs, and a few other pre-events will come soon.

Please remind your friends coming to this event that they MUST be a PDGA member to play.
No $10 one time fees. No membership - no play - we will turn you away at check in and ask you to come back when you have a PDGA membership receipt.

If you (am most are) are current, you do not have to show your card - wee have you current on our check in list.

My garage if filling up with disc boxes - the check in trailer from tourism is parked in the yard - it must be getting close!

My lovely wife suggested at dinner tonight that we leave for BG thursday afternoon after i get off work: "why wait 'til friday morning at 5am? you'll be rushing around like a headless chicken. let's enjoy our drive and maybe see a sight or two before i lose you to the disc golf crowd."

So we're headed down there thursday afternoon. Since my wife is coming with me, and she has about as much interest in disc golf as I do "Days of our Lives", what activities are available for "disc golf widows" in BG? Sights to see that are not DG related?

-btw i love my wife because she's so much smarter than me.

Anyone else playing the Hobson Grove performance scoring Thursday? I figure that's a fun way to get some work in on one of the 4 courses, hopefully will get out and walk the other 3 too, so won't go in completely blind.

It would be wise to play the Tech college over any of the other three you will play, it is the only course that isnt a point and shoot scenario.

Ugh! I should read all this....but most importantly, I'm in :) This will be my first trip to BG and I'm super-stoked.

I'm in Pool D Advanced Women: any thoughts or comments about these courses?

BGTC
KEREIAKES
HOBSON
PHIL MOORE

Tech College - A TON of blind shots, a ton of long shots. Walking this course before playing is a must.
Keriakes - Fully mature pines eat discs. Usually the two meter rule is in effect on this course, so wasting strokes is really painful. A couple of mandos on the course.
Hobson - Get a Four on #2 and you feel like you've accomplished something! It's a beast. Very nice mostly technical course.
Phil Moore - LONG, Long, long. #2 is 800 feet and #8 is 911. #10 is 720 or something.... A couple of blind shots add to the fun. Lots of stake lines used for OB's... #7 is an elevated tee that ALWAYS goes into the wind, so it seems shorter than it is - Just miss the trees in front of the basket.

Great info... I've played all but Tech before. I'm definitely going to walk through it Thursday.

Great, thanks for those tips. I will for sure walk BGTC and make some notes.

So it looks like I'll play Hobson Thurs, walk Phil Moore during/after Big Gun comp, Walk BGTC and Keriakes Friday morning.

Should be fun to walk and take notes and see how well it helps me during the round, haha. A bit better than going in blind.

I kind of hope i'm in Pool A, since that pool plays Phil Moore in the AM, when hopefully the wind is a little lower for those wide open holes.

Tech College - A TON of blind shots, a ton of long shots. Walking this course before playing is a must.
Keriakes - Fully mature pines eat discs. Usually the two meter rule is in effect on this course, so wasting strokes is really painful. A couple of mandos on the course.
Hobson - Get a Four on #2 and you feel like you've accomplished something! It's a beast. Very nice mostly technical course.
Phil Moore - LONG, Long, long. #2 is 800 feet and #8 is 911. #10 is 720 or something.... A couple of blind shots add to the fun. Lots of stake lines used for OB's... #7 is an elevated tee that ALWAYS goes into the wind, so it seems shorter than it is - Just miss the trees in front of the basket.

Thanks so much for the info! Some of this sounds a little intimidating. I wish I could get in earlier to spend some time on them but unfortunately I won't be getting in until Thurs eve.

I had heard it was happening today. Just getting excited.

Just excited

It's pretty easy to figure out which pool you will be in.

For example, I am playing MA3.
For Pool G, I put all the Rec Women at the top of that list. Then I will start with the top rated players in MA3 and work my way down. You can figure there will be around 80 per pool.

Using that math, I am able to figure out that I will be towards the middle/bottom of Pool G.

Latest posts