• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

Thanks so much for the info! Some of this sounds a little intimidating. I wish I could get in earlier to spend some time on them but unfortunately I won't be getting in until Thurs eve.

Just walk the one you play Friday on Friday morning, play Friday's round, then walk another after that round. You will have plenty of time after the friday round to walk one or two courses. Just walk the one you play Sunday after Saturday's afternoon round.

i am getting down there weds. 1st time down there, but after a walk thru and playing a few holes it will be just like my home course..... coming to see only one number.....1st!!!

just wondering , how many DGCR members will be playing the BG's? 25? 50?

I'd imagine it's higher than that. I mean if you are serious enough with this sport to travel as far as many of us are to get to BG you might not post often or ever but you probably have an account here.

I mean the only reason I even know this tourney exists is because of DGCR.

Last year was my first time competing in this tourney and I did not want to go in blind. I live 4 hours away and decided one Saturday a couple of weeks before the event to leave at 6am. Got to Hobson at 10am and played all 18. Then played all 18 at Kereiakes, BGTC and finally Phil Moore. Got home around 10:30pm. It was an amazing day. I felt like I had the courses all to myself. Hardly met a soul. Took picts of almost every hole and those have been my screen saver at work all year. During the tourney I started with a very disappointing round at Phil Moore. Played my average or better on the other 3 courses. I've got my work cut out for me to cash since my average is in the bottom 10% of my division but I do hope to win my card at least once and most importantly enjoy the heck out of 4 days of golf and fellowship at a great event and maybe a beer or 2 at Wah Bah. God is good.

www.GoshenDiscGolf.com, www.oxidArt.etsy.com

Last edited:
Last year was my first time competing in this tourney and I did not want to go in blind. I live 4 hours away and decided one Saturday a couple of weeks before the event to leave at 6am. Got to Hobson at 10am and played all 18. Then played all 18 at Kereiakes, BGTC and finally Phil Moore. Got home around 10:30pm. It was an amazing day. I felt like I had the courses all to myself. Hardly met a soul. Took picts of almost every hole and those have been my screen saver at work all year. During the tourney I started with a very disappointing round at Phil Moore. Played my average or better on the other 3 courses. I've got my work cut out for me to cash since my average is in the bottom 10% of my division but I do hope to win my card at least once and most importantly enjoy the heck out of 4 days of golf and fellowship at a great event and maybe a beer or 2 at Wah Bah. God is good.

www.GoshenDiscGolf.com, www.oxidArt.etsy.com

If you started at Phil Moore you were in Adv Masters. I'll be there for my first tourney since February (pulled hamstring took me out since our Ice Bowl). Always look forward to this weekend but hate starting at Phil Moore - Usually puts me back in the pack. I'll be the guy in the gray Grand Caravan with a Cowboys logo on the side window and usually wearing a WV cap.

Last edited:
I am getting super excited, from this site the courses look pretty tough. I am hoping to leave either late Wednesday night, getting there around sunrise Thursday, or leaving super early Thursday morning. I'm just hoping to get in a couple of decent practice rounds before the start of the first round.

I wanted to get a travel tag before hand, but I think I've waited too long at this point. This is the first year I haven't got one, such a slacker.

Checking the long term weather, looking like 70's. Prepare to be blinded from the glare off my pasty white haven't been exposed to the sun in 6 months MN legs.

YEAH!!

Checking the long term weather, looking like 70's. Prepare to be blinded from the glare off my pasty white haven't been exposed to the sun in 6 months MN legs.

YEAH!!

lol prepare to see me shivering from my not so pasty white have only seen a handful of days this winter with the high under 70 legs.

YEAH!!

I can't wait to play in shorts and short sleeves. I feel so inhibited by long pants and long sleeves in winter. Best round in a long time was friday in a t-shirt and jeans....so much upper body freedom....so much better playing! (then back to crap playing in the cold last night, ugh)

I can't wait to play in shorts and short sleeves. I feel so inhibited by long pants and long sleeves in winter. Best round in a long time was friday in a t-shirt and jeans....so much upper body freedom....so much better playing! (then back to crap playing in the cold last night, ugh)

I find all clothes inhibiting. Naked round? HB is that cool?

Latest posts