• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

MM1 Registered!

I chose BG over BHMO this year. Twice as far of a drive, but hopefully twice as much fun!

Ken, you need to quit coming down to Charlotte playing our tournaments, go play somewhere else! Lol, j/k! Although, I'm delighted that I won't see you at BG, haha!

Still a possibility, Austin! Never count me out! :D In fact, I was talking to my department chair about this, and he said, "You could probably go. We could work out anything you'd miss." I'd really like to play another huge tourney. Now, I would need to learn to putt again... And I would have a free place to stay...

Three Months till registration closes!

With registration open one month, we have 72 plyers from coast to coast registered! 18 states and one Canadian-eh! Get the competition of a Worlds but have recreational and intermediate divisions.

Bend OR to Lawrenceville NJ

West Palm Beach FL to Waterdown Ont.

Thanks to all who also ordered the CFR discs! We raised the $1000 ace pool for the players already, now we are working on covering the Saturday night BBQ dinner!

In 2012, the event sold out (limit to 640 players) early so do not wait untill to long or your division might fill up.

We limit each pool to 80 players, so that adds up to only 160 Recreational Men and Women, and 160 Intermediate Men and Women - these pools tend to sell out first.

This will be the first time I've missed in 5 years, but I got a new baby coming around the same time as the tourney. It's a blast, and I'll be there next year!!

Got my nice Firebird CFR, really nice SUPER FLAT disc, really cool. Can't wait for the tourney. First time travelling to a tourney in my life, got the room booked, now just have to get my skills up in the next 3 months!!

I hate paying the $50 pdga membership for an entire year because this is the only event I play each year. Do I have any other options?

Weekley Drawings from Registered Players

Back again in 2013 for fun for all players is the weekley random drawings for a great prize!

Each Monday morning I will pick a random number (using excel) and match that to the list of pre-registered players from DGU to pick a winner. A thank you for registering early for the biggest tour event of the year. The sooner you register the more chances you will have to win.

Prize: $25 Gift Certificate to Mellow Mushroom in Bowling Green!

You will be notified here and by e-mail from your registration, and can pick up your gift card when you check in!

This will run for 10 weeks . . . . and thank you Bowling Green Mellow Mushroom for the $250 donation to our players! Everyone will get a coupon for a discount on food in their players package . . . . one of the best tap selections in BG . . . .

HB - td

I'm excited, it will be my first time actually getting to play in the BG Ams. I'll probably make myself play advanced just to play BG Tech, but we'll see. Also, I've got room in my dorm for someone to sleep if they need a place to stay.

I retract this, since I no longer have any vacancies on my floor. But you can always go on craigslist or couchsurfing and find a place, or I can keep an eye out for vacancies on friends' floors.

Last edited:
No BG Open

I was considering entering this year. I went to Western Kentucky back in the early 90's & played the Bowling Green Open (Do they still have that event?)

I have a friend that still lives there and would have a place to stay.

Unfortunately, the Bowling Green Open is no more, it is now the SOKY Open held in May by a different club.

The BG Club used to take a 10K profit (sponsors/disc sales/hotel kickbacks) from the BG Ams to put into the BG Open NT purse.....and still had a few thousand dollars left to upgrade the parks. Only a handful of BG folks run the BG club now.

We have 4 world champions, 3 PDGA Hall of Fame members, a PDGA Discipline Committee member, a PDGA Rules Committee member, and a former PDGA Board member who live in Bowling Green, and you won't see a one of them helping with the BG Ams, if that gives you a clue.

Over 100 now registered

We have exceeded the 100 mark in registration!

Unfortunately, the Bowling Green Open is no more, it is now the SOKY Open held in May by a different club.

The BG Club used to take a 10K profit (sponsors/disc sales/hotel kickbacks) from the BG Ams to put into the BG Open NT purse.....and still had a few thousand dollars left to upgrade the parks. Only a handful of BG folks run the BG club now.

We have 4 world champions, 3 PDGA Hall of Fame members, a PDGA Discipline Committee member, a PDGA Rules Committee member, and a former PDGA Board member who live in Bowling Green, and you won't see a one of them helping with the BG Ams, if that gives you a clue.

which is really a shame because Bowling Green could be a disc golfer's dream with a strong club

what courses are being used for advanced? and how spread out is everything? i'm trying to get a group together but we would be taking one vehicle. idk how well that would work since (i assume) there will be different pools for each division.

what courses are being used for advanced? and how spread out is everything? i'm trying to get a group together but we would be taking one vehicle. idk how well that would work since (i assume) there will be different pools for each division.

That's probably the best thing about BG - all of the courses are so close to each other that you can easily car pool, and since many people stay in motels that are also close together someone can always get a ride back to the room or the next course (only an issue on Saturday) since you play with the same pool of people every round...

$25 Mellow Mushroom Winner

Monday Morning Winner: random drawing was #13: John Inman, Advanced Master from Georga is the lucky one who was the 13th player to register!

You will get an e-mail notifing you, and can pick up the $25 Mellow Mushroom gift certificate when you check in and pick up your players package.

108 players were in the drawing today - the earlier you register the more chances you have to win. Nine more weekley drawings . . . . .

That's probably the best thing about BG - all of the courses are so close to each other that you can easily car pool, and since many people stay in motels that are also close together someone can always get a ride back to the room or the next course (only an issue on Saturday) since you play with the same pool of people every round...

that's great to hear, thanks for the info. i'm considering camping at this point, is there anything nearby that you would recommend?