• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

LOL if youre throwing in the water at Phil Moore you shouldnt be playing in an advanced division. Bad kicks happen but thats one of the best courses if not the best in Bowling Green (Lovers is pretty sick). Perfect mix of length and technical shots all that are penalized by hazard in some form. The fairways are huge. The wind is brutal and it tests every facet of your game.

:(

I probably shouldn't be playing advanced.

Fyi, the prevailing wind the past two years on hole two at Phil Moore was left to right (slight headwind I think).

:(

I probably shouldn't be playing advanced.

Hey looks like we're playing in the same division. At least I'm know I'm not the only one that feels that way, lol. I hope to do well, but not getting in town until late Thursday and going on sorta blind isn't going to help. I plan on throwing a few holes and walking BGTC on Friday morning right after checking in at 9:00. Then hopefully after the round on Friday I plan on heading over to Kereiakes and at least walking it.

Should be a fun-filled weekend of disc golf that is for sure. We can't wait until Thursday.

Fyi, the prevailing wind the past two years on hole two at Phil Moore was left to right (slight headwind I think).

Cool, thanks for that tip. My friend just told me why it was called Blowing Green and now you seem to be confirming that!

I might grab a few more overstable discs before I leave. I throw two lightweight drivers: a Destroyer and a Katana, for very different reasons, but they seem to hold up in the wind ok.

I hope I'm not underestimating the amount of wind though.

:confused:

I worry about the wind as well. I don't have a lot of OS drivers in my bag, surprise, surprise, and my go to distance drivers are blizzard plastic. I do carry a couple of Rhynos and a Vector that are great for my mid and approach game, but playing the wind is definitely not my strong suite.

Hey looks like we're playing in the same division. At least I'm know I'm not the only one that feels that way, lol. I hope to do well, but not getting in town until late Thursday and going on sorta blind isn't going to help. I plan on throwing a few holes and walking BGTC on Friday morning right after checking in at 9:00. Then hopefully after the round on Friday I plan on heading over to Kereiakes and at least walking it.

Should be a fun-filled weekend of disc golf that is for sure. We can't wait until Thursday.

I am getting there early enough to check in and play one course. Personally, I wanted to check out BGTC, but I think my friend wants to go to Phil Moore. I am going to work on convincing. I think we should head to Phil Moore Friday evening instead.

You are gonna have a great time! I actually can't wait. That girl Wendy in our division is good. She can throw a mile from just a standstill. I call her "Stand and Deliver" behind her back :D She's actually really cool though, so I don't begrudge her all those extra feet.

I worry about the wind as well. I don't have a lot of OS drivers in my bag, surprise, surprise, and my go to distance drivers are blizzard plastic. I do carry a couple of Rhynos and a Vector that are great for my mid and approach game, but playing the wind is definitely not my strong suite.

I've had to play in some strong winds lately and I just ignored it. My drivers are Blizzard too. That destroyer is abt 140g. I do have a few new Blizzard discs I can add though.

The Blizzard plastic seems to get more and more stable with each run. That's why so many girls want the first runs with the bubbles in the flight plate. They are less stable.

Looks like rain this week in BG, any chance Phil Moore will get rained out (fingers crossed)? Also, if it's unplayable on Friday and play is moved to Hobson, will subsequent rounds be played at Hobson as well for the sake of consistency?

im down for any course bg can throw at me, y would u not want to play a course? ill see u on the bottom of the list sunday i guess already giving up:wall::doh::confused:

Ugh, I just hate marshy, dirty courses and it looks like Phil Moore is like that.

**Side Note: It's not Hobson but Franklin that will be the substitute. **

I actually would like to play Phil Moore, I've got a decent thumber for the technical holes and fairly consistent power drives. I'm indifferent on the courses, this will be my first trip to BG, just don't want muddy discs and feet. :\

Are you in the women's division?

Ugh, I just hate marshy, dirty courses and it looks like Phil Moore is like that.

**Side Note: It's not Hobson but Franklin that will be the substitute. **

I actually would like to play Phil Moore, I've got a decent thumber for the technical holes and fairly consistent power drives. I'm indifferent on the courses, this will be my first trip to BG, just don't want muddy discs and feet. :\

Are you in the women's division?

been playing ma1 for a bit now. i figured when i was moving up divisions , that if you are going to do good. you will do it no matter what one you are in. i hear you but discgolf is better than golf for that reason you can play it in any weather and still have fun!:thmbup: playing advanced A pool.

Tuesday update:

Been out a bit . . . rebuilding Wha Bah 9 holes (mowing and setting targets), keeping up with drops and etc . . . . BUT:

If you are signed up you should have gotten a daily weather report and schedule e-mailed . . .

Today local volunteers stuff players' packages: 3pm at Wha Bah; followed by bucket 9 on the Wha Bah course. Any others are welcome to help - yes it takes a lot of volunteers all weekend to make this smooth.

Check in open 7-9 with players package pick up.

DGA "Breaker" putting contest runs during check in, hourly winners of $25 gift cards at Lost River Pizza (great taps), and grand prize of portable basket.

Your program IS your players meeting and the RULES there are the ones to follow (OB, 2 meter, smoking laws, tees in play, mandos, and some great sponsor ads).

If you won a Mellow Mushroom gift card - I am available to give it to you today for lunch!

It does not look like we will have any rain out problems at Phil Moore Park. Thunder showers Wednesday night / early Thursday is the only real chance of rain at this point.

BGTC does have reseeding construction going on holes 4-5-6; they should be out of there with straw down by Friday, but may be muddy for doubles (may skip those holes for doubles if needed). Your course director will let you know of any changes (no random new holes - so do not worry there!)

All course pars are and hole pars are in the program (at the printer now - so someone can post this afternoon please).

Looks like rain this week in BG, any chance Phil Moore will get rained out (fingers crossed)? Also, if it's unplayable on Friday and play is moved to Hobson, will subsequent rounds be played at Hobson as well for the sake of consistency?

Two more days then off to BG

Last edited:
Leaving tomorrow after work. There are so many ants in my pants that I have taken to dropping sugar packets in my boxers to keep them working.

Two more days then off to BG

Yup, my attention span at the office is bordering on null right now, haha. Keep going over course maps, this thread, my list of discs to bring, what to put in the bag for each course, my overall packing list (what else do i need to buy?!?) etc.

Latest posts