• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

Bad round at Phil Moore today in the wind (way too similar to last year!). Tomorrow is another day and hope to gain a few shots after my 60 today.

Tourney was a blast! Won my card sunday and got the metal flake champ teebird. Its really sweet

i7k9ifKl.jpg

Had a great time at my second BG Ams. Improved from 82nd Rec to 28th, so that's nice. Met a lot of very friendly guys, and saw some really nice shots (even in Rec...it happens, ya' know!). Got a lot of sun on Saturday, won my card one round, even had a chance to try out Phil Moore a little before the FlyMart (very cool event), and got a round in today at Wah Bah before the finals moved in. So...congratulations HB! Another very satisfied 'customer'! Thank You! :clap:

My first BG AM's and I will be back for sure. Watching those kids throw the final 9 made me thankful I'm 40 this year and don't have to compete against that anymore ;) This was my first big event experience and it was awesome, the flymart was a bit overwhelming, but I found some stuff I wanted. Chatted with the Gateway and Prodigy guys a ton which was very interesting. GG seems to be a great kid - very helpful in explaining the different discs. The courses were good, I played mediocre; won my card at PM first round, hit too many "first available's" at Hobson, couldn't get around some of those f****ing cedar trees at Kereiakes and thoroughly enjoyed shooting even par at BG Tech (and watching Dobbins throw forehand rollers all day was awesome!). For my first masters, I'm happy with 14th :)

GG seems to be a great kid - very helpful in explaining the different discs.

I met and hung out with Double G part of the weekend at Phil Moore and I was also impressed by how nice and down to earth he is. He can throw it a mile too, he parked hole 1 a Phil Moore, a 450ft hole, with the new Prodigy putter and was blowing past it with drivers.

He was also kind enough to let me shoot a short video of him talking about how he gets such distance, I hope to have that out later this week.

Even though I was only at BG as a caddy I once again got to meet some cool people and was, as always, very impressed by how smoothly HB had things running. The amount of rain that was dumped on BG on Thursday and the problems it caused would have sent any other TD into a meltdown.

I met and hung out with Double G part of the weekend at Phil Moore and I was also impressed by how nice and down to earth he is. He can throw it a mile too, he parked hole 1 a Phil Moore, a 450ft hole, with the new Prodigy putter and was blowing past it with drivers.

He was also kind enough to let me shoot a short video of him talking about how he gets such distance, I hope to have that out later this week.

I'll second how cool GG was. I spoke to him quite a bit at different places over the day he was there. He helped me pick up a few discs and they really were throwing well for me. shot my 2 best rounds (still fairly crappy) of the tourney after that.

I enjoyed myself overall. Still pissed about the round at PM due to a freaking deep "Creek" on hole 3 that wasn't OB, but was freaking massive amount of water being played as casual I heard afterward. My whole group played it as OB (not even a question arose that it could be anything but OB it was such deep water, 2 of us took penalties) got a circle 5 due to that. Threw a provisional on another whole due to not knowing what OB's were removed due to the high water changes. I think that could have been brought up in a players meeting since changes were made. I liked no players meetings for the normal courses, but i think a players meeting were need for the courses with changes due to water. Still quite unhappy at those 2 extra shots including OB penalty, that shouldn't have counted.

HB seemed like a real nice guy. He was on course at Hobson Thurs and Friday when my rounds started, so I got to talk to him quite a bit. That was kind of cool.

Played with quite a few nice folks, Had fun at the distance comp. GG and Greenwell were super nice to talk to as well. Spent too much money on new discs, but had a good time overall.

What a blast! Super good time! What a well-run event! AND marked off courses 99, 100, 101 and 102! So bully!

What an amazing time i had! Didn't play as well as i should have, but i had so much fun! i met some great people. including Brokensaint(We played the last 2 rounds together and ended up shooting the same score after 4 rounds- and i played the first round with his son Tyler), Sisyphus, Roadtripstuff and Woodpecker!
A big thanks to all those who put on a fantastic event- Wha-Bah, Nat's, all the sponsors and vendors, and the city of Bowling Green. My wife and i had a great time and I will be back next year!

What did everyone learn from this weekend? I learned that you should pack salt and pepper when making eggs for breakfast, I need to learn my roc's more, learn to throw Flippy plastic, and to not 3 putt.

payout is at discgolfunited.com right? and innova stuff is the only thing discgolfunited.com carries? Or am I missing something.

So is Paul a kid or something? I really can't believe a 990 player is playing AM. I guess if he is still in high school it makes sense but he was 990 last year and still playing AM. Don't know the guy not trying to be a dick but just can't wrap my head around being that good and not wanting to play for cash.

So is Paul a kid or something? I really can't believe a 990 player is playing AM. I guess if he is still in high school it makes sense but he was 990 last year and still playing AM. Don't know the guy not trying to be a dick but just can't wrap my head around being that good and not wanting to play for cash.

Not a kid. He was debating moving up to open after worlds last year but kind of lost interest in the game. He picked up other hobbies and hasn't really played much since worlds. He's kinda getting back into it now, this was his first tournament since last summer, but he's not as driven as he was before. He wants to just keep playing for fun but he doesn't spend as much time practicing anymore since he's busy with other things in life now.

Latest posts