• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big E in Thailand is stuck at 360'-410' - Please Help

Looks like your large x-step and massive plant stride is causing you to push off of your heel and extend your rear knee instead of pushing off the instep/toes and keeping the rear knee flexed. I'd try staying more upright and compact.

Yeah I think that all starts with the first left in-behind step. It's too far past the right foot, so your left foot ends up being 180 degrees away from the target. This turns your butt/pelvis/lower body completely away from the target for the rest of the X-step. This means you're not able to load into the rear hip as much, since the hip is neutral facing backwards. Then you have to take a very long and opening right leg step, and you end up pushing off your left heel.

So I would try to keep that left step smaller and more lateral/sideways feeling. Keep your body balanced on or inside of the left foot as it moves, so that it doesn't get well ahead of your body when it plants. You should get similar distance but with less speed coming in.

If you watch most pro's, they will do a little glide/hop so they can stay over the left foot as it comes underneath them. Also look at how short their left foot step tends to be.