• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First form check (for a lefty Brit)

Diengi

Hi - I'd be very grateful for any feedback on my BH form. It was suggested that I post it here after asking about working on a shorter X step on the Technique & Strategy thread.

Here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a--IEIUlCI

Background: age ~50; I've been playing disc golf for 2 1/2 years (and wish I'd started earlier); threw frisbees for fun in my youth; moderately sporty; 5'10", ape index of 1.02.
So yes, Mr Average.

I've watched lots of form videos and am trying to develop form that's smooth, clean and unlikely to cause injury medium to long term. Lately I've been working on my brace and heel pivoting, which seems to be working.

But...I'm stuck around 270ft for a typical drive on flat ground on a still day. More distance would be sweet (although I know it's not the be-all and end-all).

Form issues that I'm aware of:
- my reachout happens clearly before my plant - the timing isn't great.
- my reachout also tends to drift upwards which sometimes leads to airbouncing.
- I don't always coil that well, so sometimes there's some rounding.
- I doubt my armspeed is much to write home about. I don't exactly explode into the hit.

Discs. I generally steer clear of really fast, beefy stuff. My longest throws are probably with my 10 speed, slightly stable 165g Musket, or my 9 speed 160g Saint.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any insight & tips!