• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Freeze 2011 Jan 22 & 23rd - Dretzka - Wisconsin

LOL, that will not happen. You will most likely hear scores all afternoon from people.

@esjay... I am such a big target you shouldn't miss! :)

I'm hoping to hear as little as possible about the game because it'll be on my DVR waiting for me when I get home.:thmbup:

Looks like I get to rock the Urlacher jersey for the tourney this weekend with the Packer vs Bears game that day.

My hope is that since we are playing in AM's that there are some people who will have radio's out that day for the game but if not no biggie. GO BEARS! :)

I was going to wear my Urlacher jersey, but now I might have to go with Hester instead.:hfive: Go Bears!

I would wear my Forte alternate orange jersey but the neckline is small. The Urlacher will give me more mobility. We'll see how the weather is on Sunday.
SUNDAY = Mostly Cloudy with a high of 21 :thmbup:
I was going to wear my Urlacher jersey, but now I might have to go with Hester instead.:hfive: Go Bears!

Damn, round two starts right at 2pm. :wall::wall::wall: I was hoping they'd move it up so we could see some of the game.

I see the team that shot 132 and won the amateur group last year is back in the amateur group again this year. :thmbdown:

Damn, round two starts right at 2pm. :wall::wall::wall: I was hoping they'd move it up so we could see some of the game.

I see the team that shot 132 and won the amateur group last year is back in the amateur group again this year. :thmbdown:

Really, same EXACT team is back. Oh well, there are always a few of 'them' in the mix at any toureny! :)

The club won't force them into a higher division until they win 3 years straight. The team that won advanced the last 3 years was bumped from advanced for this year I believe.

The club won't force them into a higher division until they win 3 years straight. The team that won advanced the last 3 years was bumped from advanced for this year I believe.

On the big freeze site is says:
Thanks for the heads up. We will take care of this and upgrade them to Advanced.

There's a pretty obvious talent gap between the top and bottom of the AM division - 56 strokes from top to bottom. First place had 132, 5th place had 142, 17th was 153, 24th was 162, and 29th was 173. IMO, that's a pretty big gap. I would love to see a rec division, maybe with lesser payouts to keep the sandbaggers out. I know that won't happen so I'll just try and improve on my finish from last year.

Uncle Joe said that he is bumping them up to Advanced after I posted in the forum on his site. He is not part of the club, he is an independant for the most part(i think).

Uncle Joe said that he is bumping them up to Advanced after I posted in the forum on his site. He is not part of the club, he is an independant for the most part(i think).

I think Joe is club member #1. Meaning one of the original members.

I had a pretty fun time again this year in my second big freeze. My partner and I shaved 17 strokes of last years performance but we were still aways from cashing in the AMs. Last cash in AMs was even. I was curious to see what the winning scores were but the raffle and awards part of the tournament just takes way too long and I wanted to get home and watch the Packer victory.