• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Ups to the Disc Returners

Osmo

*I whine a lot*
14d263q.png

Made this today cause someone found a disc of mine today and actually called and I was so happy I had to help get the word out. make those callls!

Thanks Milton and Gabe in MA at Buffum.

That's awesome. I wanna put one of those on the course map at 1's teepad. Doubt it'll work though lol. I gave our squid a beer today for gettin 3 of my discs back.

I called a guy on a disc I found today. He said he lost in in october. It was right on the edge of the fairway and he and his friends looked 4+ times with no luck.

I called him and he came and met me during my round.

FYI. In the same round I got an ace so Karma really pays off :thmbup:

Believe it or not, I have had much better success getting back my discs back, in recent years, once I only put "#12184" and my nickname "D'OH" on it. I am not sure why. Maybe I am more responsible now and lose less plastic? Not sure...

Called on one today at Zilker, guy ended up letting me keep it, unfortunately it's just a dx skeeter

I've never received a call from any of my lost discs. I've returned a few in my days though. Trying to build up that karma in hopes that I'll get a call some day.

I lost my go to lemontana a couple months ago at a course that I hardly play. A few weeks later i got a call from a guy that said his dog found my frisbee and it wanted dog treats in return. I mailed him a paid envelope with treats for his dog and a $1 for him. I got it back a week later. I'd say 7 out of the 10 or so discs i've lost have been returned. I guess it's karma for all the calls i've made.

There's only a couple discs I ever lost that I wish I could get back. One was a Champion Beast (Pre-Barry) that I 2'd hole 12 @ Hornet's Nest Park in Charlotte, NC with (I'm the only one who's ever done it, and the disc had a ton of sentimental value). It *might* still be sitting in the pond at Elon Park off hole #5. The other was a well seasoned 3rd run CE Valkyrie with a 'Disclanding' stamp (hyzer flip dream disc) I lost in Asheville, NC on Richmond Hill (old Richmond Hill before the front 9 changed). I'm sure someone found it, but they didn't call despite the hefty reward I posted about at the course's bulletin board.

Come to think about it, I haven't lost a whole lot of plastic over the years... I've only ever received one call though, and I let the guy keep the pearly Champion Viking I'd lost. I always call people when I find their discs though.

It's strange to me that people are capable of ignoring numbers on discs that they find, and just use the disc without calling. For me, that ink staring at me every time I used the disc would make me feel unbearably guilty. :doh:

It's strange to me that people are capable of ignoring numbers on discs that they find, and just use the disc without calling. For me, that ink staring at me every time I used the disc would make me feel unbearably guilty. :doh:

you are truly agod among men

Ive only had 2 calls on lost discs. Both were lost in Northern VT. One was found in CT and the other was found in SC. Both times I told them to keep them or sell them but not to bother mailing a cheap Disc back up to VT. That is their reward for being a nice person. Apparently Plastic that I lose gets a lot of miles on it.

I called a guy on a disc I found today. He said he lost in in october. It was right on the edge of the fairway and he and his friends looked 4+ times with no luck.

I called him and he came and met me during my round.

FYI. In the same round I got an ace so Karma really pays off :thmbup:

i had the exact same thing happen to me about a year ago. always return those discs.

I havent gotten any calls but I have a gotten a couple of messages on the scene from people who looked up my PDGA #. Ive called a guy and he moved to Arizona between the time he lost and I found his disc. Needless to say, he let me keep it.

I've called numerous times when I've found lost discs. Out of the few that I have lost, I have never gotten a call. I guess people really like the way I break in discs because every one I've lost has been in that perfect broken in stage. I've lost two seasoned rocs that were just awesome.

I've returned several discs. The only one I kept was one where I was unable to contact the person. I've only had one disc returned out of about a half dozen, and that was probably due to the fact that it was another club member who found it. I label all my discs with name and cell number.

2 storys come to mind for me:
Both discs were found @ Avon Town Hall on hole 7 in the nature area to the right.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/215/65f9619a.jpg?rand=6070

One star Wraith i returned to a guy who said he had lost it @ Washington Park in Indy. Someone found it, used it, and lost it again.
Another disc had an out-of town area code on it. When i called it, the guy was from Denver,CO and had lost the disc in a pond in Wyoming! How it got to Indiana we have no idea. He told me to keep it and i still have it.
so far: 9 discs found-8 returned, 1 given to me.

The only call I have received on the 10+ discs I have lost in the last year was for a Champion Groove. That disc was not even lost, it had been sold and they had not inked out my name and number.

Last summer I lost a beautiful dyed Opto River I would definitely pay some money to get back. It is the only disc I have lost where it would still be in my bag today.

Latest posts