• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

biggest ace races of 2012

martinyoung

who has attended the largest ace race of 2012? how many?

any great additional prizes or anything in the mix?

Seviern Lang is hosting its first Ace Race in Edwardsville, IN on Sept 29

110 players signed up....waiting list is growing

Free Lunch, tons of raffle prizes, and more

Looking for some more great ideas...

We topped out at 75, obviously not a record, but we were pleased.

Last year GGGT's Ace Race pulled in something like 225 players. I am sure they are going to have even bigger numbers because every year they offer more and more in the way of activities and prizes.

This was the second year for the Ace Race in Madison. Last year, it filled at 108. This year, he opened it up to 144, and it filled again. Both years, he's had some sweet glass trophies made for the overall champ and the Metal Master (most metal hits, other than overall champ). This year, I believe he paid out the top 9 places in Glide Disc Golf gift cards, gave other gift cards to the oldest and youngest competitors, and raffled off a few more gift cards to remaining players.

The one in Oswego, Il was pretty big this year. Definitely over 100 people. Tons of fun too!

I can't remember the name of the course in Washington state, but it's the one that was recently closed down due to some bs/bogus/honestly viable zoning issues, but I believe they have held the biggest ace races in the past few years. With that being said, I could only imagine that they will have a large event in the area, does anybody have any info on this?

Nevermind, it was Dalaiwood

If not, GGGT's may be the largest this year...

I can't remember the name of the course in Washington state, but it's the one that was recently closed down due to some bs/bogus/honestly viable zoning issues, but I believe they have held the biggest ace races in the past few years. With that being said, I could only imagine that they will have a large event in the area, does anybody have any info on this?

Nevermind, it was Dalaiwood

If not, GGGT's may be the largest this year...

Believe it or not, there will be no Ace Race in this area this year. Last year there were 309 participants at Dalaiwood, biggest in the world and a blast as always. This course and event is sorely missed. I think the sudden closing and the local club having it's hands full with a busier than usual summer tourney schedule, there wasn't really anyone able or willing to take it on for this year. :(

I think the standard for considering your ace race a large event these days is 200+

With the growing popularity of the sport and the concept of the event 100 is pretty easy with minimal hyping/advertising - unless you live in a really rural area

I think the standard for considering your ace race a large event these days is 200+

With the growing popularity of the sport and the concept of the event 100 is pretty easy with minimal hyping/advertising - unless you live in a really rural area

I'm lucky if 20 show up to play in my area.

The one I'm attending (East Liverpool, OH) only has about 30 people signed up. I'm just hoping to hit metal at least once - I have no idea what to expect and haven't been playing very long.

I would like to play at the one at the Oaks in IL but they said I was too late to register. I didn't find out about it until a couple of days ago. I know they have to pre order and everything but don't most of these get a few extra player packs just in case of walk ups that didn't register in advance? Not a big deal to me though...I was willing to drive 100 miles and pay the $25.

Hmmm...is there any demand for an ace race in southwest Michigan? If you look at Discrafts map of ace races you will notice a giant hole here. The deadline to order ace race stuff is 10/17 I think...

the Calgary Ace Race (that we actually hold at the Canmore Nordic Centre) currently has 165 registered

we came 3rd last year to Mr. Papa's and GGGT's events

if one of those is no longer on the go then we probably have a good chance of being one of the largest again

I think we have been top 3 for about the last 2 or 3 years

not bad considering how small the DG scene here actually is

I would like to play at the one at the Oaks in IL but they said I was too late to register. I didn't find out about it until a couple of days ago. I know they have to pre order and everything but don't most of these get a few extra player packs just in case of walk ups that didn't register in advance? Not a big deal to me though...I was willing to drive 100 miles and pay the $25.

Hmmm...is there any demand for an ace race in southwest Michigan? If you look at Discrafts map of ace races you will notice a giant hole here. The deadline to order ace race stuff is 10/17 I think...

They should let people split player packs if they fill up!!! That's what we'll do if we run out!!

Come to the Detroit Ace Race October 20th!!
(not sure how far that is for you..)

Brys Park in Saint Clair Shores. 120 registered so far, no pre-pay necessary.

Email me off the calendar page if interested and bring a crew if they wanna join.

25 Z and ESP bonus discs to give away for random drawn holes, best score on a hole gets to pick from the pile, like a draft.

They should let people split player packs if they fill up!!! That's what we'll do if we run out!!

Come to the Detroit Ace Race October 20th!!
(not sure how far that is for you..)

Brys Park in Saint Clair Shores. 120 registered so far, no pre-pay necessary.

Email me off the calendar page if interested and bring a crew if they wanna join.

25 Z and ESP bonus discs to give away for random drawn holes, best score on a hole gets to pick from the pile, like a draft.

Yeah those are about 4 hour drive for me. Too bad I would love to come.

Hazy Shade Disc Golf of Dayton, Oh. threw this in for 2nd place. they also threw in a Ti into the winner's pack, and had a bounty on one 230' hole for $50 store credit