• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

blang built a basket...

Nice homemade basket, looks great, I am sure it works fine as well.

could you provide the dimensions that you used? (official dimensions?) - I was thinking about making my own basket as well one of these days.

Thanks

Way to go blang! Very cool of you ERicJ! :cool:

Man that is awesome... Just out of curiosity, if you purchased all the needed supplies, how much would you have in it? Besides the tire that is, I think we all could find one for free somewhere.

Nice homemade basket, looks great, I am sure it works fine as well.

could you provide the dimensions that you used? (official dimensions?) - I was thinking about making my own basket as well one of these days.

Thanks

TireBasket Directions

Click the Save file to your PC "click here" link on the bottom of the page.

Man that is awesome... Just out of curiosity, if you purchased all the needed supplies, how much would you have in it? Besides the tire that is, I think we all could find one for free somewhere.

The majority of the cost is the chains. I chose to use chain gunge and quantity that would represent a top level basket. Home Depot or Lowe's will cut the chain for you and it should not run more than 1.70 a foot for the twenty-four 25 inch chains. The wood was less than 15 bucks. I already had the screws and nails needed but the additional stuff would be less than five bucks. You should have less than 55 bucks in it, but it will actually be better quality than other home baskets such as the Innova Sport. If you wanted to cut corners on the chains, you could make it for less than 35.00 bucks.

Nice work Blang. How does it sound? There are a lot of chains to get a nice sound. I wasn't sure if the wooden post would affect the sound much.