• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blizzard Krait

ilmcgee

* Ace Member *
I throw rhfh driving and looking for more distance. My driver of choice right now is a pro starfire (sl mold) 175G. I was looking at picking up a 135 to 140g Krait since by innova's ratings it's the closest. Looking for thoughts on how similiar the two would be. Also what to look for in a blizzard plastic, sounds like it is different from disc to disc.

Blizzard kraits are sooooo unpredictable in the low end weights. I got a 132g, and my friend owns a 137g. It's rough. You have to basically not throw it in the wind. Any wind, forwards, backwards, anything. It's a good driver, but not in the wind. I would suggest a boss or destroyer in blizzard plastic, in the heavier weights. But that's just me... And I'm a noobie so who knows

Don't get me wrong though, I leave it in the bag for when there is little to no wind to see if I can get it to hold a line without being sucked up into the oblivion and spat back out. It's normally in rec games haha

Last edited:
I found a 131 gram blizz krait. No matter how much hyzer I put on it, it still turns into a roller. I have to throw it very high and spiked to get any flight out of it. It might be good for slower arms but if you can throw 350' or more it is going to flip hard. Try a normal Krait in the 160s-170s. I only bust out Blizzard plastic for open holes, tailwinds or hitting tight gaps with less power to still carry some distance.

I found a 131 gram blizz krait. No matter how much hyzer I put on it, it still turns into a roller. I have to throw it very high and spiked to get any flight out of it. It might be good for slower arms but if you can throw 350' or more it is going to flip hard. Try a normal Krait in the 160s-170s. I only bust out Blizzard plastic for open holes, tailwinds or hitting tight gaps with less power to still carry some distance.

I throw my krait when my arm hurts and just playing to socialize haha

Looking for thoughts on how similiar the two would be. Also what to look for in a blizzard plastic, sounds like it is different from disc to disc.

Not similar at all. Not even close.

Practice will help more than a new disc. If you want something faster, get a light pro wraith

^^^^
This.
Mine's 157, and I use it instead of my Blizz Wraith.

i have a 135 blizzard krait and i love it its oly downfall is in any wind it turns and rolls. my friend has a 153 blizz krait and it sails foreverwind or no wind go for a heavier 1 and you should b fine

Latest posts