• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Blowfly for Distance (lulz)

Did the Blowfly go Longer or Shorter than your distance Putter?

• The Blowfly went farther than my distance putter.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • The Blowfly went under 20' shorter than my distance putter.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • The Blowfly went 21-40' shorter than my distance putter.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • The Blowfly went 41-60' shorter than my distance putter.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • The Blowfly went more than 60' shorter than my distance putter.

Votes: 13 38.2%

• Total voters

Brall

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Disclaimer:
:: NOT A SERIOUS THREAD ::
Hence the "lulz"

This is purely for the fun of fun and only for those that would consider this "Fun".​

How far do you throw the Blowfly in comparison to your longest distance putter?

Take your putters out in the field today and find out and come back and post.

Example; The putter you throw the farthest is a DX Aviar at 220'. Your throw with the Blowfly was 195'. Your total is minus 25'.

It's getting towards the end of summer so let's have some fun. Dust off that Blowfly that you haven't used in 4 yrs that you didn't even know you still had in the shed out back. Give it a rip and compare to your distance putter.

My number is plus 39' ... My form = WTF. I know /shrug

But what does distance mean???
Flat, wind, rain, up, down, a freaking cliff, zero gravity...
Let's not complicate this people. You'll figure it out.

a20791f12c7c3c0173db49_m.jpg

Also, any talented video takers out there able to capture a slow motion rip?

The reason I ask is that kachtz took a video a while back of an aviar throw and in slow motion you could actually see the disc elongate and stretch and snap back to shape after release. The Blowfly would most likely stretch to much more fantastic degree. Would be interesting to see just how far it would stretch!

I know a guy that throws a Gumbputt 250+, but he doesn't really like the Blowfly.

(sorry, this post was lulz-free)

Yeah I don't even KNOW anyone who owns one, or I'd at least give it a shot.

depends on the weight some of them are much stiffer and not floppy. example I have some 86 molds one is floppy 2 are hard 1 is rock hard.

lol rock hard

The problem with this experiment is....that no one owns a blowfly =/

Have three. :eek:

Prelim throws shows that it's the same or longer. I cannot throw it as hard w/o it turning way over, but it has more glide so on a few it did surpass it. I am going to try to get out tonight for a vid - no slow motion though.

I'll throw it against the Zephyr, GL Pure and Anode as long as it's not raining.

Last edited:
I haven't had a Bowfly for somewhere around 15 years. I don't have fond memories of it!

Last edited:
This is funny because I learned to throw backhand with a blowfly. I tried to throw one hard a couple of weeks ago and could not get anywhere with it. lulz

I've never even SEEN a Blowfly. Here's what we need to do:

Create a list of interested users. Have the OP send the Blowfly to the first person on the list. The receiver of the disc does their throw (video of course), and then ships the 'Fly on to the next person on the list. Each of us signs the disc before shipping it on to the next person. The final person in the chain is the OP so that they can have their disc back with a bunch of random sigs on it, and we can send all of the footage of us throwing it to Johnny or someone else who can make a hilarious montage out of Blowfly drives. Wins all around.

Create a list of interested users. Have the OP send the Blowfly to the first person on the list. The receiver of the disc does their throw (video of course), and then ships the 'Fly on to the next person on the list. Each of us signs the disc before shipping it on to the next person. The final person in the chain is the OP so that they can have their disc back with a bunch of random sigs on it, and we can send all of the footage of us throwing it to Johnny or someone else who can make a hilarious montage out of Blowfly drives. Wins all around.
This is a good idea.

I'm game...that's a great idea.

HAHA, that is a good idea :)

but, let me try this first and we'll see what happens after that.

This. I'd totally give it a shot and film it too.

Mike C, no doubt in my mind that you could not only film it but also get that disc to warp like throwing pizza dough and my disc is exceptionally floppy.

how about this, since i wont be down to akron any time soon to lend it to you (my schedule is crazy) how about if i send the disc to you asap. you can do your thing and send it back. and if you'd rather meet me up north rather than pay shipping then my group and i will most likely be hitting Friends of Punderson DGC on saturday, september 8th to check out the new holes and new tee pads.

and if mike c can get this beast farther than his other putters then i know we are onto something

we might have to submit this to CalTech for a redefinition of the term 'physics'

very cool!

i tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full. either PM me or send me a txt with your address and i'll have that in the mail first thing in the morning.

blowfly

i actually carry a blowfly and a gumputter and i put with both of them. i love them!!!

Latest posts