• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blurr's New and Improved bag

you seem to go either all gateway or no gateway just wondering why. did the samuari not work as your distance mold.

I test threw a 139g Blizz Destroyer and a 137g Blizz Boss. They were only slightly less stable than their regular star counterparts. The problem I had was that every throw was off the mark to the right by about 60 feet. I normally like to throw 171g-172g for my drivers. I do know some of our local pro's that have had good luck with carrying a blizzard mold for pure distance shots on the course and can make the transition easily. So, maybe just need some practice.

money 21 said:
you seem to go either all gateway or no gateway just wondering why. did the samuari not work as your distance mold.

There are some serious longevity issues with the gateway plastic as of late. Just got tired of having to replace a mold after only having it in the bag for a week or two. Now don't get me wrong, the Samurai is one bad ass driver, but I want to carry only one distance driver mold, hence the Wraith or Destroyer or Force. I may just carry the Wraith, and put something fast and beefy in the side pocket for special occasions.

That kind of weight difference leads to grip locks easily if you're not accustomed to 150s or lighter. Confirmed by local bombers too. That is why i thought 157-158 would be better in addition to flight lines. Before trying out heavier Blizzards that have more plastic and can be marginally more durable i'd try a two finger grip if you haven't yet. Then three. Sure it won't solve the issues with durability at your power but these should be hot rod discs anyway and something else should carry the heavy weights being a workhorse.

BLURR said:
money 21 said:

There are some serious longevity issues with the gateway plastic as of late. Just got tired of having to replace a mold after only having it in the bag for a week or two. Now don't get me wrong, the Samurai is one bad ass driver, but I want to carry only one distance driver mold, hence the Wraith or Destroyer or Force. I may just carry the Wraith, and put something fast and beefy in the side pocket for special occasions.
even in the e plastic? if so that sucks. I got a chance to throw a light s samurai one of the local female pro had the other day and holy crap that thing went for ever. What did you think fo the slayer I had a proto for a couple minutes and it was a flick machine but it was the color of a latte and i play in the oregon forrests so it went a way fast. between z,esp,and x nukes you should be able to cover most shots. the sword is very useable as well.

The newer run E-Samurai's are in a stiffer E blend, but even that doesn't hold up to well to tree smacks(I know...hit fewer trees). The Slayer is also a good mold, but had become inconsistent lately. I couldn't find two that flew at the same stability. I really liked the proto e-slayers that I tested out. In regard to the durability, I am referring so the S and some of the E blends. The mystic's, karma's and sabre's that I had were pretty much chunk'ed if they took any sort of tree smack. The plastic is soft to the touch, but rather rigid over all. I think that it's inability to have some flex in it is what was causing the early destruction of the disc. I would love to see the Samurai, Slayer and Mystic ran in Z plastic and maybe ESP for the Mystic.

A couple of additions to my bag. These are mainly utility disc's and only get thrown maybe once a round.

Champ Mamba - Great uphill turnover disc and useful when stymied up against the shule. Very easy to throw low power disc. Also a decent roller.
Star Roadrunner - When I want something that is straight stable and a little longer than my Echo Teebird or S-FD. This one is really domey and quite stable for a roadrunner.

Why not just get a TD? It is like a stable RR and you won't have to find a special one to fly that way.

I may give the TD a second look when this roadrunner loses some stability. The first time I tried the TD, it just didn't feel right in my hand. Not sure why as it is more or less a faster roadrunner.

Slowing it down a little bit(The Destroyer is carried pretty much for flick shots and very rarely thrown).

Distance Drivers(4):
Champ Destroyer
Star Wraith
Star Wraith
Pro Wraith

Fairway Drivers(3):
Champ Firebird
Star Teebird
Echo Star Teebird

Utility Drivers(2):
Star Roadrunner
Champ Mamba

Midranges(5):
E-Blaze
KC Roc x4

Putters(3):
Soft Magic
Classic Aviar
Champ Rhyno

Mamba and RR? i don't know much about either of these but on paper it looks like overlap. enlighten me please.

The mamba is ridiculously understable. I mostly use it for stand still shots where there is no run up room. This Roadrunner is actually pretty stable for a Roadrunner. Mainly used for rolling. These are specialty shot disc's mainly.

The weather has definitely turned to the chilly side now in Iowa. Time to switch out the 4 KC Roc's for two DX Rancho's, two DX Ontario's and a beat up double circle stamped shark. The brick aviar will also go into the closet for the season as I don't want it to crack. In goes whatever putter I grab on my way out the door, probably a wizard or warlock.

This is one of the reasons I'm really enjoying my switch to buzzzs. No need to winterize my mids

Have you thrown the newer medium magics? I have gotten 5 of them and they are all very straight stable with a healthy finish. Not anything like the protos I've thrown, which were very understable.

Bagging down for the remainder of the season...hoping these will cover 90% of the shots.

Fade Crunch Bag:
Drivers(5)
C-PD (New and overstable)
P-PD (Lightly used and straightish)
P-PD (Worn and a little flippy)
S-FD (Worn and flippy)
S-FD (Beat and really flippy)

Midranges(4)
DX Roc (New and fairly beefy)
DX Roc (Worn and moderately beefy)
DX Roc (Worn and straightish)
DX Shark (Worn and flippy)

Putters(3)
Soft Wizard
Soft Wizard
Soft Magic

Upgraded the Crunch bag back to a DGA Shield bag because I can fit a couple more disc's in there. I want to get a Champ Gator(X-Mold) to add to the bag as well as an S-PD. Then I will be all good. If anybody has a 173-175 Champ Gator(X-Mold) they would trade me, hit me up with a pm.

Drivers
S-PD2 (Messing with for flick shots)
Blizzard Katana (Just messing with for wide open boomers)
C-PD
P-PD
P-PD
S-FD
S-FD

Midranges
178g KC Roc
178g KC Roc
177g KC Roc
178g DX Shark

Putters
172g P-Line P2 (Just trying it out for right now)
172g Soft Wizard
172g Soft Magic

Latest posts