• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bored bag post

Playing with a simpler bag and being able to get out on a regular basis in comfortable weather has really helped tighten up the game.

VIP Giant
Star Destroyer x3
Star Wraith

FAF Champ Firebird
Champ Teebird x3
Star Teebird
Echo Star Roadrunner

FLX Drone
Proton Vector
CryZtal Buzzz
ESP Meteor

KC Pro Aviar x2
Yeti Pro Aviar
Classic Aviar

The Giant has been nice so far. It flies a nice predictable line but seems to go a little farther than I expect from my headwind fighting overstable driver. I know the comparison is far too often drawn, but with the right zip, it flies a lot like a beefy Teebird, only much faster. That's been great, because I've been throwing a lot of Teebirds. I picked up a Glow Champ CFR TB this year and it's also been pretty awesome. It's power hungry and likes to fade. Very throwable in high winds, and great for placement all the time. The other two champ birds are seasoned but still like power and will hold a line when crushed, or fade when finessed. The Star is a slow turnover disc, and works great for a lot of stuff.

I really like the Sentinel, but I just hesitate to throw them on dicey shots where I might lose them, and I can't stand that, so I'm back to the Vector. It's a little domey and has pretty darn good HSS and a nice fade. It's pretty power hungry as well, and likes to be crushed, so it throws a lot like a champ TB. There's been less brain clutter when I'm stepping up to my shots, and I've been able to see my lines pretty well with this array of discs.

The one mold that may reappear soon is the Comet. It's awesome, but it got crowded out for now.

Still digging the Giant. So much so that I splurged on a few other Swedish discs: a Flow, Saint, and Sword. The most impressive of the three was the VIP Flow. Nice dome, great feel, and more stable than I was expecting. Hoping it breaks in nicely. The TP Sword, on the other hand, is flattish and way more understable than the numbers would indicate. Disappointing. The Saint is a domey RGL and doesn't do anything that's too exciting for me. Fine driver but I'm comfortable with my fairway/control drivers already.

VIP Giant
VIP Flow
Star Wraith
CFR Champ Vulcan - poppy top seems to give it extra glide and stability for a Vulcan

Champion Firebird
Glow Champ Teebird
Champ Teebird x2
Star Teebird
Echo Star Roadrunner

FLX Drone
Proton Vector
CryZtal Buzzz
Z Comet
ESP Meteor

KC Pro Aviar x2
Yeti Pro Aviar
DX Classic Aviar

Technically the Sword and the Giant are Finnish although manufactured in Sweden. VIP Swords are a little more overstable than the TPs. But the discs vary. Flow plastic is named Opto. Which almost the same as the Westside VIP.

Got our first snowfall of the year last night. Just a couple inches. It won't stick around for long but it's a sign of things to come. Wrapped up the year with a relatively standard setup. Had good experiences with the Giant and Flow but I tossed the Giant into the drink and the Flow just fell out of favor for the Wraith/Destroyer combo.

175 C PD2 - overstable stuff
175 Star Destroyer - pretty overstable
171 Champ Destroyer - domey, seasoned and a little straighter than the Star
175 Star Wraith - seasoned work horse
171 Start Wraith - newer and a little more stable
175 Pro Wraith - turnovers, tailwinds, rollers, etc.

175 Champ Firebird
175 S PD - nice combo of stability and distance for controlled long shots
172 CFR Glow Champ Teebird - beefy shorter fading shots
175 Champ Teebird - Been in the bag longer than any other disc at this point, just a great workhorse for neutral/stable stuff
172 Star Teebird - getting pretty seasoned up, long slow turnovers or neutral powered down stuff
171 Echo Star Roadrunner - hyzer flips, rollers that need to sit down quickly, etc.

179 FLX Drone - forehands, chip shots, flex shots, etc...
175 Champ Roc3 - nice combo of predictability and versatility
175 DX Roc - straight stuff
170 DX Roc - seasoned for slow turnovers and powered down neutral stuff
172 ESP Meteor - just don't have a Roc beat into this stage of flippiness yet, deep hyzers that flip all the way over and don't come back, powered down stuff

175 KC Pro Aviar - pretty beefy still; drives, up shots and some putts
170 KC Pro Aviar - main putter
172 DX Aviar - longer/straighter putts, turnover drives, up shots
168 DX Classic Aviar - super straight at low speeds, easy approaches and long tricky putts

Latest posts