• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] boss r-pro

superdriver

HI its superdriver here asking you about the new boss r-pro. im going so buy this disc in a couple weeks. as you might already know im only 11 years old and I m wondering if this disc is good for me. innova discs sais its not beginer friendley but ive been playing disc for 3 years now, im no beginner and for an eleven year old i can pull off some badass 225+ foot drives every once and a while its just that ive never tried an r-pro disc before and dont know if im ready any advice from a pro?:D:D thank you

HI its superdriver here asking you about the new boss r-pro. im going so buy this disc in a couple weeks. as you might already know im only 11 years old and I m wondering if this disc is good for me. innova discs sais its not beginer friendley but ive been playing disc for 3 years now, im no beginner and for an eleven year old i can pull off some badass 225+ foot drives every once and a while its just that ive never tried an r-pro disc before and dont know if im ready any advice from a pro?:D:D thank you
It's going to fade hard for you. Maybe after it beats in you'll get a straight shot out of it.

I want to start a poll and see how many r pro boss threads there are

your 11 and already using the term badass...uh oh! potty mouth!...whats this world coming to *puts head down* Anyways, I havn't thrown one yet but if its anything like the star or champ counterparts its going to act very overstable for you. Even the 150 class I think will be overstable, If you wanted to try one go with 150-lower and you might do alright...anyways keep hukin!

How fast can you whip discs out there? If you have decent arm speed then you should be able to launch a 150 R-Pro Boss pretty far.

It is unstable, much different from the Champ and way different from the Star (which is one of the most over stable discs I have ever thrown). Lighter weights are easier on the arm to throw, but you have to hyzer flip these babies. The will glide a long way when you get the release down. Takes a little getting used to. Great discs and good for beginners if they can hold the wide rim (widest allowable under the current rules). Have fun with it, and don't hit trees, they ding pretty bad, and don't throw it into any wind.

Yeah, I've heard the R-Pros are pretty flippy. I was hoping they wouldn't be. I'd love to backhand a light weight boss but if they're as flippy as I've heard (people claiming to hyzer flip them when they're released at 6:30 or 7), I don't think they would have much use for me.

Get yourself a nice fairway driver or midrange instead and learn to throw some "badass" drives with that. You'll be better prepared later for a disc like the Boss.

As far as I'm concerned, a great deal of the adult players I see with a Boss shouldn't be throwing them.

I have a 175 Champ Boss and a 173 Star Boss. Which I can throw about 350 to 400 feet. My 162 R-Pro Boss should be here on Thursday (From discgolfcenter.com) I'm only going to use it for tailwind drives. Yes, I did buy it JUST for tailwind drives on open holes.

I've got a champ 175. I agree with anybody that says most people aren't ready :)
I can hit maybe 300' however, I've only thrown it maybe 10x

I ordered mine today...Im eager to see what I can do with it since I can throw my star boss 450-500 on open holes...about 450 max on flat ground...im not great at hyzer-flippin yet becuase I lose my distance when I try to hyzer for some dumb reason...but ill get it eventually..

I ordered mine today...Im eager to see what I can do with it since I can throw my star boss 450-500 on open holes...about 450 max on flat ground...im not great at hyzer-flippin yet becuase I lose my distance when I try to hyzer for some dumb reason...but ill get it eventually..

would you agree that the star boss can be effectively thrown sidearm? i recently picked one up and having a hell of a time learning how to throw it correctly.

Four in the last three days... getting kinda annoying, I agree.

Maybe if I mix up a couple more of the letters we can get a few more posted on here where no one will notice. I like how they are scattered in different catergories as well.

I like how they are scattered in different catergories as well.
Not any more. ;)

I'd merge 'em but they're all so concurrent that the coherency would get all screwed up...

Latest posts