• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BOX OF DISCS STOLEN FROM CHARITY EVENT AT STONEY HILL

chrissauls

Par Member
We need help with information regarding a box of discs stolen from our recent tournament at Stoney Hill, SC which was held as a charity event to raise money for C.H.F.
Obviously It's troublesome for us to have a private course that we open up to the public to share and someone does something like this. It's important we find out who it is so we can make sure they aren't invited back. More importantly we would like to help out a friend.

Most are unmarked but some of the discs with ink have "A. Faulk #66433" written in the top. Keep your eyes open at the local PIAS's, disc stores, etc.
Thanks in advance for any possible help with this unfortunate matter.
Here's a list of what Alex could remember what was in the box:

4 bt hard harps -3 white 1 orange
2 bt medium harps- gray red swirl
3 opto shields-2 yellow 1 white
2 fr fluid judges-neon green
2 matrix weight judges-yellow
1 bt swan reborn-gray swirl
7 bt soft daggers-5 white 1 pink 1 purple
4 original run lucid truths-2 yellow white blue sparkle
1 hybrid eMac truth-white
2 lucid verdicts-am worlds seafoam and dayglow
2 lucid justices-yellow
5 lucid felons- 3 fr yellow, white
1 moonshine criminal-truly unique stamp flag
2 fr fluid escapes-white yellow
6 enforcers-fr yellow, 2 truely unique moonshine, 2 bio silver/gray/purple mix, black/green swirl lucid
3 stilettos- am worlds release, 2 yellow lucid
4 trespass- 2 fusion eMac gray swirls, 2 small stamp glass blown open moonshines
2 elasto worlds- white
2 vip worlds- pink yellow
2 warrants- white
3 tp turasas- white yellow white
1 fr renegade- green
2 ballista-moonshine White
1 opto pure-white
2 bowling green 2013 Kentucky moonshine flag stamp truths

Alex isn't looking to press charges, he just wants his discs back. Please contact me at 803-917-8318 if anyone has any information to share.

Chris Sauls

Last edited:
What a crappy thing to do. I hope the perpetrator get founds out and banned from any event in his area.

That being said this Alex fellow has a remarkable memory. I can't always remember all the discs in my bag let alone 60+ discs in a box.

Apparently a lot of the discs were collectables. A friend of his said he has a pretty bad case of OCD and pretty much knew what he had in the box. He had driven down from Kentucky (7 hours) to play the event so I assume he brought down a collection to show friends or possibly sell.

Dayum! That's over 60 discs... that's over 60 discs.That's over 60 discs.akes cojones to walk off with a box that size.
I hope the perp is outed.

Filthy theives. I'm so sorry this happened. I hope those discs can be recovered.

Did someone break into the guy's vehicle on your private property?

Dozens of people were camping, and I think that includes the discs' owner (I lose track). They were in a box, probably outside his car.

It's a bit more disheartening than a standard theft. Because it was a charity event. On private property. With a lot of fellowship (dozens of campers for the weekend). A team-play event, so everyone was here because someone else liked them enough to include them, and a lot of comradery with that. A low-pay event, so it wasn't attracting the greedy.

As hosts who opened our property to the mob, we hate to think of a thief among us.

I'm trying to hold out hope of a bizarre innocent explanation for the missing discs. But in the meantime we're assuming the worst, and trying to get the word out around the area.

What a crappy thing to do. I hope the perpetrator get founds out and banned from any event in his area.

That being said this Alex fellow has a remarkable memory. I can't always remember all the discs in my bag let alone 60+ discs in a box.

Alex is freak when it's comes to discs.
He can tell me what disc, color, weight etc of a shot I threw two years ago.

Wow that really sucks. Especially at an event such as this. I hope that the disc were not actually stolen by someone and that they somehow got moved or misplaced by accident and that they will turn up shortly. :\

Disc golfing thieves who steal discs meant for charity are the worst

They would be.

In this case, they stole a box of discs belonging to an individual attending a charity event. The discs themselves weren't involved in the charity or event; he just had a box of them with him, for whatever reasons. We still were able to turn $1,300 over to The Children's Heart Foundation.

But it's close. You'd hope people would be the better angels of their nature at a charity event. And at one where the private property owners opened up their yard to strangers playing disc golf. And at one with the vibe of dozens of disc golfers camping out on the course all weekend, sharing stories and music and beer and perhaps things ineligible for discussion on this site---the kind of atmosphere where you wouldn't expect a thief.

---the kind of atmosphere where you wouldn't expect a thief.

Wait, it was a disc golf tournament wasn't it? Not to impugn all disc golfers, but I have been to tournaments where whole bags were stolen and cars were broken into, our local park's equipment has been stolen while the only people present were disc golfers and I've seen plenty enough other illegal activities going on around our sport to ever think that any disc golf tournament is a thief-free environment.

I had a guy, my random draw doubles partner no less, steal a disc out of my bag while I was making my shot. I come to a hole where I always threw my green River. I remember my partner admiring that disc a few holes before this, saying he'd love to have a disc like that. I reach for my River and it's gone (hadn't thrown it since the hole a while back) so I throw something else. Now I'm distracted and pissed because I knew it should be in the bag. On the next hole, while my partner is throwing, I look in his bag (which now has a towel draped over it) and there low and behold is my green River. I just grabbed it and put it back in my bag and didn't say a word.

I know, cool story bro. But the point is that honest golfers have to sort of spread the word about dishonest golfers so that people can watch out for them. This kind of thing has happened many times with this guy, so everyone knows to not let him close to your stuff or don't play around him at all. Sometimes you get stuck with it if you play random draw.

I had a guy, my random draw doubles partner no less, steal a disc out of my bag while I was making my shot. I come to a hole where I always threw my green River. I remember my partner admiring that disc a few holes before this, saying he'd love to have a disc like that. I reach for my River and it's gone (hadn't thrown it since the hole a while back) so I throw something else. Now I'm distracted and pissed because I knew it should be in the bag. On the next hole, while my partner is throwing, I look in his bag (which now has a towel draped over it) and there low and behold is my green River. I just grabbed it and put it back in my bag and didn't say a word.

I know, cool story bro. But the point is that honest golfers have to sort of spread the word about dishonest golfers so that people can watch out for them. This kind of thing has happened many times with this guy, so everyone knows to not let him close to your stuff or don't play around him at all. Sometimes you get stuck with it if you play random draw.

You should've thrown his bag at him and told him to gtfo.

Latest posts