• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brad Williams Interview on PDGA.com

The Hammer

* Ace Member *
Check out this interview with Brad Williams on the PDGA website. I applaud the interviewer for asking a couple tough questions regarding his less-than stellar attitude and behavior. However, I find it disappointing that Brad just makes excuses and appears to show no sign of maturing. This guy is a terrible ambassador for the sport.

http://www.pdga.com/record-breaking-weekend

Best thing about the interview is him saying he won't be on the road any more.

He's just there to take the interviewer's money. :|

He's a great golfer, but he sounds like an arrogant tool.

Don't know the man, but his answers seemed honest and not PC...I agree with some of what he says. Should somebody be considered a bad ambassador or arrogant because he doesn't want to give his competitors a high five?????????

His antics go well beyond not giving people a high five. He is known as "The Texas Cactus" for a reason.

My opponents must earn respect for themselves. Just because you want to give me a high-five doesn't mean you have earned my respect.
- Brad Williams

thanks to the PDGA and their data

the $10 discount was the selling point

Do you really think he said that? or did the PDGA just embellish?

Living in America has either afforded me the chance to play a game or blinded me into thinking I'm living a happier life by finding an outlet to compete at something I enjoy.

WTF?

Yeah, the one win was by FIFTY with only one other person in Open...not much of a win.

Some of you guys sure are touchy....should we all sing songs around the camp fire while holding hands. Sheesh.

I'm glad to hear he is done touring. I refuse to listen to the interview. Everyone at the Yetter Open in 2011 heard enough of his whining and complaining that he single handedly ruined a lot of peoples day. Good riddance jerk. Hope you stay home forever.

Winning is winning..it isn't his fault no one showed up to the event. The fault falls to whoever did the advertising for the event. And he probably taught the dude he played against a thing or two. He's a competitor I personally do not fault him for not high fiveing the competition. He said he played high school sports so he was probably taught not to give an inch to his opponents. I agree it is in poor taste that he doesn't want to be apart of the tradition, but I don't think ill of him for it. The drinking thing is his fault, he should have acquired a PDGA rule book and read it cover to cover before ever taking part in a PDGA sanctioned event.

I feel sorry for the dude, he sounds miserable.

And sure, that one event looks weak, but winning constantly isn't easy. Especially when you're EXPECTED to do it.

Dudes got skills and i am thinking he sounds pretty young. but after reading that interview this guy is a complete and utter tool.

I do not expect people to be all lovey dovey with their competitors.
I do not expect people to always smile.
I do expect that you show at least a little class if you are a professional athlete.