• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brad Williams Interview on PDGA.com

I don't know why would anyone call that course open. The fairways are fair and reward good shots. On many holes it looks like you're in a world of trouble if you're off the fairway, so bad shots would definitely get punished. I'd love to play this course.

Maybe the guys out east would call this open because their courses are carved out of thick woods? I mean this course might as well be thick woods compared to some of the other courses in Texas.

I agree 100%! I also think that seeing a 1033 rated player on a course makes it seem easy for the average joe.

When I played this course i felt like I was playing GOLF!....and it was a great feeling.....

Side note- WTF aren't they using it for TX States?????? We Pros get stuck on one course while the AMs play 2.....all of them are good but it would be nice to showcase the newest course in Austin at an NT.

fwiw mabuku cant 'do links'.

i think respect is overrated in this day and age. you know what i respect brad getting put on blast over and over again and still housing fgts. what do any of you really know about things? i mean cmon sons. be a people for once. celebrate this dudes success and then do some successful stuff yourselves.

btw rip ian hovey.

qft one of my best friens...played with him during his very last round on earth

Hey Brad,

Nice win at Vic this weekend!

I just wanted to say thanks again for the discussion about your full swing concept, although I can't quite recall the right term for this. I hope to see/have more discussion about it sometime.

I have to also add my thanks for the Roy G vid! If I had read this thread before Vic, I would have tossed you $5 or $10 to start a fund for more of these. Watching this has shown me that so much of my other motion was wasteful and distracting. Now I seem able to keep my eye on target a lot longer, and smooth things out.

Great record last year!!! Looking forward to seeing more great rounds.

I imagine you put high expectations on yourself, and have huge pressures walking among the giants of the game in such a short time. I also think much of the crap your getting is just jealousy. You do seem to be taking it all in stride. There is a book by the great Richard Feynman that I would recommend in this regard, entitled "Why do you care what other people think". Perhaps some of that sort of sentiment isn't quite as appropriate in the social nature of the touring pro, but it might help maintain perspective.

regards,

moff

I agree 100%! I also think that seeing a 1033 rated player on a course makes it seem easy for the average joe.

When I played this course i felt like I was playing GOLF!....and it was a great feeling.....

Side note- WTF aren't they using it for TX States?????? We Pros get stuck on one course while the AMs play 2.....all of them are good but it would be nice to showcase the newest course in Austin at an NT.

I heard that the requirements from the city are expensive and a pain in the butt, and I am pretty sure this is why most tournaments in the Austin area are outside the city limits.

Edit: Looks like the Ams are playing "in-town" courses. Maybe what I heard isn't true.

Last edited:
The reason we're playing the 1 course 3 times and the AMs are playing the other courses 1 at a time, is because you can't get a 3 day permit for the courses inside the city limits. so. they worked with the 2 day permits they were able to get, and manor.

Hey Brad,

Nice win at Vic this weekend!

I just wanted to say thanks again for the discussion about your full swing concept, although I can't quite recall the right term for this. I hope to see/have more discussion about it sometime.

I have to also add my thanks for the Roy G vid! If I had read this thread before Vic, I would have tossed you $5 or $10 to start a fund for more of these. Watching this has shown me that so much of my other motion was wasteful and distracting. Now I seem able to keep my eye on target a lot longer, and smooth things out.

Great record last year!!! Looking forward to seeing more great rounds.

I imagine you put high expectations on yourself, and have huge pressures walking among the giants of the game in such a short time. I also think much of the crap your getting is just jealousy. You do seem to be taking it all in stride. There is a book by the great Richard Feynman that I would recommend in this regard, entitled "Why do you care what other people think". Perhaps some of that sort of sentiment isn't quite as appropriate in the social nature of the touring pro, but it might help maintain perspective.

regards,

moff

I like to YouTube Richard Feynman. Thanks for the support.

I'll be ur psychotherapist, Brad. Tell me where it hurts.

I'd be happy to work with you. My emotional instability flies like a beat up stingray.

I have to know how you handle yourself first, costoid. Lessons start at 30$ hr

High five

Bump..

Bradley, where did your in the bag-video go?
The Polecat-version. Can't find it..

Latest posts