• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brad's bag

madbrad

Bogey Member
Currently

base plastic Pure, champ mako 3, star sidewinder.

Interested in gyro, looking to add mid that's more OS and does straight with fade. Maybe a reactor?

Want to replace sidewinder with something more US. I'm not impressed with the gross domey sidewinders that have tons of flashing, they don't turn enough. Virus?

Need to add a slightly OS driver that has some wind and torque resistance, but still glides. Tried plasma volt. It was a little too OS for my workhorse role Perhaps I need an electron volt or some type of Crave?

Last edited:
Definitely a Reactor. Eclipse glow are a bit OS to start with, but beat it in to straight to reliable fade. Never tried a Fission but heard they are straighter out of the box.

For the US slot, I found the Virus to be very touchy. I use Underworlds, but they aren't gyro. But they do turn! I'm keen to see the Axiom Rhythm if they should ever appear.

For the slightly OS driver - MVP Servo / Proton Crave / Cosmic Neutron Relay all seem to fly very similar to me … slightly OS.

Thanks, I like the ideas!

How is a virus touchy? Tends to flip too much or not enough at 300 power?

I'm ok with non-gyro as long as it's a consistent
mold.

Speed 7-9 premium plastic is what I like for long tee shots

Underworld might get a chance, never tried one before

The heat seems reliably flippy, and it's not hard to find anymore.

Thanks, I like the ideas!

How is a virus touchy? Tends to flip too much or not enough at 300 power?

I'm ok with non-gyro as long as it's a consistent
mold.

Speed 7-9 premium plastic is what I like for long tee shots

Underworld might get a chance, never tried one before

I try to keep the speed under 9 as well - I don't really gain much throwing higher.

I never quite knew what a Virus was going to do when I threw it. Sometimes they turned, sometimes they didn't. I guess it was my inconsistent releases. Underworlds are a little slower, but they turn very predictably for me, and glide a long way when you get it right.

I lean on speed 9 discs and also didn't click with the Sidewinder. I throw a Hatchet in that spot. They are consistent from run to run so if you lose one replacing it is easy. I've thrown the Heat in that spot and it isn't a bad option but for me I found them a little sensitive to the power I put on them.

Also, I highly recommend an Escape if you want excellent distance and control in that 280-325' range. They will behave in mild winds and I have thrown them in fairly decent winds but you'll need to add some hyzer and expect it to flip over a little and drift before finishing back a little.

I'm not a brand specific fan boy but I find the Hatchet, Escape, and Felon combo work well for my game and all three are pretty easy to find.

Oh, and since the Underworld was mentioned, the Hatchet is kind of a less squirrelly Underworld for lack of a better description.

Ah, the escape! Forgot about that one. Real nice. lucid is stable enough in most cases, allows as much distance as I can get out of anything else.

Just lost my mako 3 in a leaf filled fairway.
Guess my electron envy is going to take over for midrange laser duty.

I'm liking the sound of the underworld. Squirrelly is ok, I want fairly extreme understability. Not quite beat dx Leo, but enough that will shake off some height or hyzer

Last edited:
New discs trial. Cold and snowy. Only a couple throws each, so impressions may change.

Neutron reactor- yup, that's plenty stable, good fade, just what I was hoping for

Proton Insanity- wow this thing seems fast and straight. Main bomber? That'll be a big yes I believe.

dx leopard- for nostalgia and to see how underworld compares. More stable than I expected, real smooth gradual right turn. If only it stayed in new condition!

Tournament underworld- Flippy enough, long enough too. A little more turn than my good sidewinder or fresh dx Leo. I think it'll fit the bill as my US driver.
Might try a heat still before I commit and start building a stockpile

dx IT. Just for curiosity. Instaroller! I'm wondering if this is a 150. It doesn't feel that light, but I gotta put It on a sky hyzer unless I baby it.

Last edited:
Reactor is the best stable mid, such clean rips and straight with fade action! I want to get a few more.

Tried to see If uplink could fill my flippy driver slot but I can't throw it far enough to compete with underworld.

I've come to quit whining about star sidewinders and enjoy them. Domey or not, with flashing or none (utility knife with brand new blade solves that issue) They fly farther for me than anything I put them up against besides the Hades. I have awesome drives with my SWs except into big headwinds

Decided Insanity isn't stable enough to be a wind disc. Was ok the first few rounds, but tree hits and road skips unbeefed it enough for me to see the reality. Vulture is what I will try instead

Switched to fan grip for inside 100' throw in attempts. With power grip, I yanked them to the right. With fan, they often fade left early. I could aim right, but I ordered a Glitch to see if I can do point and shoot with that one.

I've come to quit whining about star sidewinders and enjoy them. Domey or not, with flashing or none (utility knife with brand new blade solves that issue) They fly farther for me than anything I put them up against besides the Hades. I have awesome drives with my SWs except into big headwinds

Decided Insanity isn't stable enough to be a wind disc. Was ok the first few rounds, but tree hits and road skips unbeefed it enough for me to see the reality. Vulture is what I will try instead

Switched to fan grip for inside 100' throw in attempts. With power grip, I yanked them to the right. With fan, they often fade left early. I could aim right, but I ordered a Glitch to see if I can do point and shoot with that one.

If you like the feel of the Insanity but want something with a bit more beef...try a glow insanity. They are noticeably more overstable than the insanity in any other plastic.

Thanks! I might try the glow Insanity.

New auditions

Glitch. Wow, going right in the bag and I want more! Point and shoot toss ins just like I hoped. I can aim a few feet above the basket and throw straight at it. Seems to settle gently on the ground for a no hassle come back putt

New star SW- it has the mega dome and the oof flashing, but it's flippy. My last one with that look was more stable.

Lucid emac truth. Bag it! Good glide and fade Just a friendly disc for accurate medium distance hyzer. You know, when the putter might not get left enough because you'll have to yeet it too much, but the fairway driver will sail past if you give it enough juice to fly proper

G star valk and G star SW...Similar to each other, both a tad on the stable side- will S curve - turn a bit and then fade. Don't know which goes farther yet.

Vulture, esp and z. Both super OS. I've had a couple preds and firebirds. These are just as bad\good, maybe more so. Not really my thing, but I'll keep doing dumb shots with them and see how they season

So I have went way up in number of molds. I can get by with less, but trying to make discs that have the wrong flight paths do the lines I want gets me in trouble if my execution is off or wind is too extreme.

Here's what I have now. Then a why for each disc. Star plastic. Proxy is dx
Glitch
Proxy
Truth
Underworld
Sidewinder
Wraith
Orc
Vulture

Glitch- I love this for upshots; so point-and shoot. That big glide and minimal fade is a life saver if I throw too soft. I'm putting with it too. Has more range because it's 150, so I'm able to get more mph on it.

Proxy-Putter drives and headwind putts, but I might go back to the Envy

Truth- Stability and glide. It powers up and down well. Throw soft and it will still glide, throw hard and it won't get flippy.

Underworld- Some times I want to take a high and wide route with a disc that will still go right despite all other factors

Sidewinder- Just feels like home. I throw this on all release angles and slope grades if I want straight or right.

Wraith- Max D

Orc - Max hyzer or moderate headwind

Vulture- Strong headwinds

Last edited:
Hey y'all, haven't played too many rounds this year, started working nights at my machine shop, then it got so dang hot that mostly all I wanted was to be on the clock.

Lately I got feeling run down, grumpy, and dreadful of the coming of winter but after an hour practice sesh in bright sun, that changed a lot. Sun evaporated those vampire clouds

Picked up a Discraft Malta, but can't use it yet bc of a hurt finger. Hoping for fairly OS. If not, next stop is the Axiom Pyro!

After buying and selling many molds, I've decided to keep

Glitch, Sidewinder, and maybe Malta.

Early fall might actually be the best time of year to play.

Spring has thrilling days, but the weather is quite varied and unpredictable

Tried out the Malta, and it seems to fit the bill and compliment my other discs.

OS enough for me, still has some glide so I can tee off with it and headwinds and not be very far behind where an OS driver would have landed.

Threw once today with too much annny, plus griplock and wobble, yet it fought back fairly well.

Hey y'all, haven't played too many rounds this year, started working nights at my machine shop, then it got so dang hot that mostly all I wanted was to be on the clock.

Lately I got feeling run down, grumpy, and dreadful of the coming of winter but after an hour practice sesh in bright sun, that changed a lot. Sun evaporated those vampire clouds

Picked up a Discraft Malta, but can't use it yet bc of a hurt finger. Hoping for fairly OS. If not, next stop is the Axiom Pyro!

After buying and selling many molds, I've decided to keep

Glitch, Sidewinder, and maybe Malta.

Early fall might actually be the best time of year to play.

Spring has thrilling days, but the weather is quite varied and unpredictable
Do you use mist coolant? I briefly worked in a shop that refused to use flood coolant because they were too lazy to maintain it and instead misted everything and I swear it made me lethargic and grouchy and I felt better almost immediately after working in a place with no mist coolant.

Flood, but it makes a mist, and a mess, when the parts are cut

I think poor diet and lack of sun contributed to my state.

Last edited:

Latest posts