• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Broke 300!

How far can an old fart throw a Boss, Destroyer or Wraith?

I have a 500 foot goal I am getting closer and closer too. At our course I measured out a distance competition "field" when we hosted the championship, so I have a place to throw where I know the distance layout well.

SO far I would guesstimate about 460 at best WHEN i get the release right.

Back in 2003 I could barely throw 350, as an example of timeline...

Last edited:
congrats on the extra distance. i have been getting extra distance lately just working on smoothing out my form as i throw and working on keeping better focus on how im holding it and what my arms are doing through the entire process of the drive, and ive increased from low 300's to high 300's. Just the other day i put a disc under a basket marked 423 feet with my drive. unfortunatly that shot isnt consistant, in fact it is quite rare.....for now :D

I would also recommend the Dan Beato video to anyone who needs help getting the disc out there. After watching his videos multiple times, I was immediately able to throw a lot further. The only problem I have now is hitting trees.

I would also recommend the Dan Beato video to anyone who needs help getting the disc out there. After watching his videos multiple times, I was immediately able to throw a lot further. The only problem I have now is hitting trees.

I'd be more than happy to give you pointers on that, I'm great at hitting trees!

I have a 500 foot goal

SO far I would guesstimate about 460 at best WHEN i get the release right.

any specific plan for that last bit?

i'm at pretty much the same highwater mark with the same current goal, but i'm not sure if there's another boost coming or not (i'm an old fart, too). i guess practice might help!

also, what disc is your assault being done with?

i've had a few over the 450 mark with the Surge and Surge SS getting me the longest distance consistenly thus far except a slight tail-wind aided Avenger SS that got to 480.

I cock my arm back slower before I throw so I can stay level and right before I let go of the disc, give my wrist a bit more of a pop or snap...Its hard to explain but its working for me.:D
FWIW, you shouldn't be actively letting go of the disc. It should be ripping from your hand. Just getting that rip right should add some D.

Good job dude! Im 250 pounds so I just put my fatness into it, get my back turned to the target and let er rip. I was using too much of my arms and shoulders last year and this spring I just tried taken the stress off my upper body and now its all feet, legs, hips and back and my arm and shoulder is just along for the ride like a whip. I can touch 375 consistently. Sure I can throw 400 on a good one but im not gonna be a douche and say I can when it happens one outta ten open field drives ya know. But now I have tennis elbow from throwing like this... Ha!

Latest posts