• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Broke 500 ft Barrier!!

i looked it up, you play near Virginia Weslyan which has a private 9 hole course. i can get us in there!

i just looked at our last years schedule, and the team we played is the Virginia Thunder

we are not playing in that league this year, they are in the RAFL and we are in the MDFL now.. :(

I plan on going out either friday or saturday at the end of this week if there is no wind to try and break my previous throws distance, i will do another video on the form stuff...and hope to get some tips, that will help me get some more distance.

went out today, since i was sore as @#$ from lifting and running, and there was a big cross wind (20mph) just to see if i could get the disc close to 500

and helllz NO lol, best 2 throws were 462 and 468

i was happy to get over 450 though, i have a hell of a time with cross winds, tail winds and headwinds are easier than a cross wind because it seems to push on either the nose or tail depending on which side is exposed to he windward side and so its almost like you gotta get it on a perfect angle with the wind or something.

Lmao, he'll still out distance you. :hfive: Jk, jk. Well, maybe not.

When I play you this weekend you are not allowed to throw anything other than putters :)

har har! when i play for score though i try to throw where i can find it haha, so i will prob average 350-400 when playing a round...but after we play, i will throw some hard if you guys want to measure :hfive:

sorry haters this guy is legit, he has been throwing less than 6 months has ultimate style thrower form, but I saw him throw 500 feet with a left to right cross wind. I asked him to throw with the wind for kicks but he didn't

He is very tall with the wing span of an NBA star. I would estimate if he were PDGA rated he would be sub 900, but man does he have a cannon.

sorry haters this guy is legit, he has been throwing less than 6 months has ultimate style thrower form, but I saw him throw 500 feet with a left to right cross wind. I asked him to throw with the wind for kicks but he didn't

Well... I will retract my statement! Kachtz, you've been blessed with talent some of us have yet to attain! With great power comes great responsibility! :D

Congratulations man, that is awesome!:clap:

I'm hoping to see this thread in a year from now and finding him just destroying tournaments.

Did you guys get any video of the round itself?

hg.jpg

You do realize that this makes you the Happy Gilmore of Disc Golf?
:D

Man, we need some height restricted divisions;)

The height doesn't really mean anything. His wing span makes a slight difference. But, not if he didn't have timing and snap to take advantage of it.

Blake from DGR is around 5'10" but could throw some where around 500'. Not sure what he throws now, or what his max was. Btw, if you don't know Blake T is the one that has written the majority of the technique articles on DGR. Physical dimensions only give you an advantage if you have everything else to take advantage of it. I know some 6' + guys that can't throw 300'. :wall: