• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Broken Hand

cojsmith08

Double Eagle Member
I was throwing a drive yesterday (spike hyzer), and one of my friends was right behind me. I hit him in the face with my follow through.

Knocked him down, and broke my hand. Bad enough to where I had to get surgery and have a pin placed in my hand. After I hit him, I didn't have a knuckle on my pinky, just a spot where the bone almost came out.

So I guess I'm playing lefty for a while, any tips? :wink:

Wow I am sorry to hear of your injury. I hope your buddy is OK and realizes he did not give you enough room to throw safely.
Now is the time to develop a game with your weak hand!
Get better! Do some physical therapy as soon as the Dr says OK.
Bill

TO THE FACE LOL
sry to hear that just give it some rest and learn to throw left handed?

corey115 said:
I was throwing a drive yesterday (spike hyzer), and one of my friends was right behind me. I hit him in the face with my follow through.

Knocked him down, and broke my hand. Bad enough to where I had to get surgery and have a pin placed in my hand. After I hit him, I didn't have a knuckle on my pinky, just a spot where the bone almost came out.

So I guess I'm playing lefty for a while, any tips? :wink:

I also broke my right hand really bad doing some martial arts about a year ago and had to learn to throw left-handed. The best advice I can give you is to start off slow and don't get frustrated. I started off driving with a sidewinder and realized it was just too flippy even for my left hand. So I moved to a nice beat STAR Wraith, this way I didn't have to worry too much about turning it over and was able to see some real distance, getting over 300' left handed within a week, it's really exciting to see things come along. Putting is the hardest part lefty. I hope you take something out of this injury, the past two injuries I've had (both within a year and kung fu related) have actually helped me with my form. Hopefully I can start getting my rating back up again. Good luck Corey.

ouch.

i screwed up my elbow on a followthrough when it hit a tree. gotta be aware of how the full throwing motion is going to work before doing it.. :(

At least I would assume from that story that you have a strong follow through. Good luck with the recovery. Did your friend get a black eye, bloody nose, lose a tooth...anything?

to EBK: we were playing down in Red Wing

to Jerry R: I hit his cheek, so he's just badly bruised

WOW that's some power ... glad I'm safely in Oregon, though there was an odd breeze :roll:
Sorry for your opportunity to learn to throw with the other hand. Don't go to fast on the recovery, best wishes,
J

J-Man said:
WOW that's some power ... glad I'm safely in Oregon, though there was an odd breeze :roll:
Sorry for your opportunity to learn to throw with the other hand. Don't go to fast on the recovery, best wishes,
J

that was chuck norris playing in the japan open.

That sucks. I play racquetball, and couldn't use my right arm for most of a year due to injury. I started playing left handed and finally got to where I could (sometimes) beat people I could beat righty. I'd say focus a lot on your form. You'll never be as strong on your non-dominant side, but you'll be surprised what you can do over time after you develop some good muscle memory. A big part of it is just doing it over and over so it doesn't feel awkward. It's a good chance to focus on how much you can do with good form instead of raw power. Some of it will even be useful lessons for when you switch back to the right hand, especially since you won't have used it for awhile. Good luck!

just went out and played lefty, shot about 12 more strokes than i usually do, but i did have a bird

its got easier as i played ended up with about 200 ft. of D at the end, with my D Buzzz

this is gonna get interesting

I too am trying to learn to play off handed due to nerve damage in my right arm. I have been cleared to play lefty and I have been practicing a little and it is coming along but I would love to hear any specific advice. I have dropped disc weight down as well as stability

My biggest problem seems to be wrist strength and snap ( if you take accuracy out of the equation) in both putting and driving. I use a spin putt so my putting distance has been limited.

Anyone out there use the elastic type bands to develope off hand wrist strength? Any other ideas? Any kind of lifting using my right hand is out.

I know how that goes man.

My hand will never be the same after shattering 2 metacarples :cry:
mywristwithscrewaq9.jpg

Latest posts