• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brown Deer Park Closed - Milwaukee

To bad everyone has to suffer all because 1 person had to do this. It does sound like a good solution to have pay to play until it is payed off. Who knows if the person that actually stole the basket will even come back and have to pay $5. This makes me want to put up cameras or GPS in our course so if this ever happens they will be punished!

Last edited:
wow that really sux. i bet its scrappers. times are tough people will steal easily stolen things to get money. having helped install baskets it is pathetic how they are 'protected'. theres alot they could be done to make them more secure. someone whose half way intelligent could steal a basket in a few minutes with simple hand tools.

fundraiser tournament to replace the basket for the park district. show them that the community cares. do a 50/50 ctp at MXG this weekend. im sure youll get the money easy to buy a new basket for them.

times are tough but dude 16 is one of the DUMBEST baskets anyone could have taken its a far walk to either side of the road, there are pins along the road!!!!!! and close to the parking lot, as for simple solutions, im thinkin gps or trail cams FTW and signs posted saying thos things have been put in place

see this is why pulling the pins is a bad idea

Right? I've heard from multiple people that tendick is on its last leg, but I'm not sure if that's true. If tendick closed down id be furious. I feel your pain brother.

If milwaukee county parks had enough money to pay someone to enforce pay to play, a lot of problems would be solved. as it is now, the parks system can't even fix a boat launch where 200 boats per weekend pay $10.50 each to launch. It is also not cool to blame it on the estabrook kids, if anything estabrook is the only thing keeping them away from brown deer and for that I am thankful. It may not seem fair to take the course way from everyone because of the actions of one person, but i bet the majority or players out there would have simply said "oh hey a basket is missing" and then never thought twice about where it went or who will pay for a new one. At least this way, you've got a couple hundred(at least) pissed off discers, myself included, who love that course and will drop the dime on the chickenshat (and possibly do a little dental work also) if they ever figure out who it is. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but there can't just be a total lack of consequences at all when something like this happens. A lot of people could not care less if something is stolen from a park, but when you steal something from everyone you will get a more desirable reaction.
It hurts to think that I may not be able to play there for a while, but i am able to understand why it must be done and hope that the bastard gives it back. Scrap costs are pretty low right now from what i understand.

times are tough but dude 16 is one of the DUMBEST baskets anyone could have taken its a far walk to either side of the road, there are pins along the road!!!!!! and close to the parking lot, as for simple solutions, im thinkin gps or trail cams FTW and signs posted saying thos things have been put in place

If there was a cheap enough way to install a tiny GPS tracker on a basket that did not need to have a battery which would die, then it would be a good idea, but it would have to be small enough that the bastard wouln't realize it was on there and just remove it. I'm sorry but the trail cam idea is ridiculous, the memory card would fill up with random pics of discers, joggers, hikers, squirrels, etc. every couple days. And then you'd have people stealing the trail cams, and you'd have to figure out a GPS thing for that too.

yea yea yea yea so i blammed it on the eastside hipsters

shoot me

and ur right esta does keep most of them away from BD, but still, idk who else would do it so im pissed i wish i did know so i could go mollywop some foo's

and trail cams have timers of what time to go on and off, and if u set them high enough when u couldnt possibly get to them without a ladder, also there are options for solar panels and rechargeable batteries

u would only have to go up to get the memory card if a basket is gone

Last edited:

According to Mark, he said that someone let him know the lock was open on #16. When Mark finished playing he said he went to check the lock and the basket was gone, or something along those lines.

It seemed that it was a theft of opportunity rather than a meditated one.

Hit me up, I think I have your number cody and I think I gave you mine. Let me know when you're planning on stopping out.

don't have yours butt around 1pm and when you respond to the PM can you just post your number in there or message me on the phone or facebook

dude check the leo i pmed u dawg

Yeah sorry homie I'm on my phone, I seen it and she looks pretty camo'd but ill take a look and if not we can work something out for the rhynocerious (idk if that's how you spell it lmao)

1) What jacknob came up with the idea of pulling the course to get the basket back? From what I read it was done before and you guys got lucky.

2) The equipment, if its on parks property, should be insured as is most all the equipment on parks property. Why arn't they filing a claim and replacing the stolen basket?

1) What jacknob came up with the idea of pulling the course to get the basket back? From what I read it was done before and you guys got lucky.

2) The equipment, if its on parks property, should be insured as is most all the equipment on parks property. Why arn't they filing a claim and replacing the stolen basket?

1) it wasnt lucky the lastbasket was returned . . . it put pressure ont he people who stole it because now they didnt have anywhere to play. It also put pressure on the friends of the person who stole it because they didnt have anywhere to play. MY only concern is this is a different type of theft since generally speaking only avid disc golfers go to brown deer, the punks who stolle VV are just chuckers who thought they could gt away with it only to have a new basket put in place. That is why brown deer was pulled, hoping it will put pressure on the thiefs to return it so they can get the best milwaukee county course back!

2) <$500 deductible . . . I don't think so

Latest posts